Girls: Do you like a dry sense of humor?

I have a dry sense of humor and a sort of deadpan delivery. It's similar to Jon Stewart's humor, but in my own sort of way. I find it goes over a lot of people's head, and they just give me a weird look.

Most Helpful Girl

• I really think it depends on the girl & her personality- as it is with anything else. I, normally don't, except for I met this guy and he had a dry sense of humor, as well; but it was super funny. At first I was like 'is he joking, or is he serious?' The more I got to know him, the funnier I thought he was. It was something different, compared to the playful humor most guys have, and he sure made me laugh. (:

Haha I feel you on this you have to be talking to the right girl. I also get the whole awkward stare thing because it went over there head, but that's not the girl I want to pursue. Most the the time I say something and they respond "whhhattt?", and I say nevermind and walk away. When you find I girl that gets it, it's awesome and even better if she can contribute back. Just from that you can have an instant connection. It is funny to sometimes to mess with someone that doesn't understand it just to see what they say. My favorite is just saying a 1 liner and walking away before they can even reply. Like say to someone in a hot crowed bar wearing a sweatshirt for style "bro you look like your freezing I have a scarf in the car I can grab you. Or going up to the girl wearing the craziest shoes and say "no way I literally almost wore those shoes! That would have been so awkward!"

What Girls Said 6

• I love it, but I'm the same way. And yes, it goes over a lot of people's heads. Sometimes people that don't know me very well will make a joke, and I'll make one back, completely straight-faced, and they apologize and explain to me that they were just joking because they think I didn't get the joke, when really, I got the joke---they didn't get that I was joking back. ;/

• Hahaha I've had that happen too.

• I prefer witty and dry to anything else, because that's the same sense of humor I have. I, in fact, think its even more funny if some one cracks a joke and it goes over everyone's head. The weird looks are worth it when you find someone with a similar sense of humor.

• Oooh I love it! I myself have quite a bit of a dry sense of humor so it would make a great match to me :)

• i personally don't like it. but there is more to a guy than his sense of humor usually. as long as your dry don't have a problem with the girls idea of humor than it isn't a problem

• love it.

• yes, but it can get on my nerves sometimes if said at inappropriate times

What Guys Said 1

• People like simple humor. Mainly because we are simply feeble minded people. Most of the time people only get dry humor when they are intelligent. Think of it this way what gets higher ratings on TV, Family Guy or King of the Hill? Family Guy right? That's because its simple and stupid and that's what's entertaining. So you figure it out.