Are red lips attractive?

Hey, I'm thinking of wearing red lipstick for prom. I'm a brunette with olive skin tone and sort-of plump lips and I want to change up my look for prom with red lipstick. But I heard that some people find it clownish or slutty..

Btw, it won't smear and I will have a bronze smokey-eye with it to add balance. Plus, My dress is silver/grey, knee length and a bit sexy but classy so I think it matches red lips.

thank you! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with Brine--that the tip you'll always hear about red lips. You can go for cat eye style liner on your top lid for classy drama & balance, just be sure it looks clean & try to be VERY light handed if you feel like you have to use some eyeshadow for contour definition. I also recommend choosing a very simple classic hairdo. Same with jewelry. You really have to use restraint to pull off red lips & get the classy sexy look you're after.