When I look at a man, he immediatly looks in the other direction....

Please someone clue me in. I am 36 but look 26-28, I am cute, slender, well proportioned, single with no children, and take very good care of myself. I am also a very kind person. Men act as though I have the plague. I can't figure it out. I like to joke a lot and am pretty intelligent and can engage in good conversation, yet cannot get a date. I can rarely get a guy to make eye contact with me long enough to even let him know I am interested. It's strange, as soon as our eyes meet they almost always immediately look in the opposite direction. I've read all of the dating advice out there and yet it seems that none of it really applies in real life. I have even tried dating on line. Most of the men that I initiate contact with never respond and the only ones who show interest in me are nearly twice my age. It's almost as if men are afraid of me for some reason.I don't know why because like I said I am "cute", not one of these girls who is overwhelmingly beautiful. Nor am I a feminist or do I try to compete or challenge men in anyway. If anything I am a little shy, but very polite and nice to everyone I meet. Can someone please clue me in here.I have been single now for years. Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Welcome to the site. Maybe I can shed some light on the situation.

Have you ever seen someone in love but never spoke to them? They have this glow about 'em and look really happy. That is what you are looking for.

Have you ever seen someone who just broke up with someone? They look depressed and anyone talking to them gets this 'desperate' vibe. Yeah, that's what you don't want.

First thing you need to do is to love yourself. You are beautiful and unique and there isn't another one of you out there. Try to be comfortable about your body and get over being self-consciousness.

When you feel good about yourself it is noticable by others. That desperate look fades and you start to pick up a slight glow. Do things that make you happy and you might get hit on more.

Also, take a look at who your target sample of men are. If you like guys that are built, then goto a gym or fitness club. If you like guys that drool over women, then goto a gentleman's club. If you want a nice guy, find some dorks who play dungeons and dragons (thanks heyitsme )

What Guys Said 3

• Usually if a guy looks at you or stares at you but then looks away when you make eye contact or catch him staring its because he likes you but is too shy to approach you. At least that's the case with me.

• maybe because you'r attractive and healthy so most of th guys who sees you think you'r not single .

• Have you tried talking to guys online without a picture of yourself?

What Girls Said 2

• Been there done that sweetie! I know exactly how you feel! The problem is.most guys are intimidated by your looks and body! You have to be proactive in what you want.confidence in who you are.will land you many dates! Do something nice for yourself.get a new hairstyle.add some new things to your wardrobe that make you feel sexy.go dancing.and have fun.if you believe in yourself.good things will come!

• youre a challenge guys are intimidated by your beauty to them you're like a "you can look but don't touch" lol its not a bad thing them looking away its actually a compliment flattering you should be happy if the guy that turns away looks interesting to you also YOU take the first step if you're bold enough he might just be nervous or doesn't know how to approach you and probaly scared f getting shot down.