I don't feel comfortable being set up, advice?

My friend set me with up with the girl that she works with I live a couple of hours away, and we have talked a couple times over Facebook, its not really my style to talk someone randomly on Facebook, its not what I like to do, I'd much rather meet the person in person first, I just feel uncomfortable talking to her something doesn't feel right, ( I think mainly because its not the type of girl I would pursue in my own) Is it wrong for me not to want to hang out when I go see my friend or should I at least go on a date with her just to be nice to my friend?

What Girls Said 1

• If you know that this girl isn't the type of girl that you're interested in/attracted to then no, I don't think it's a priority to go out with her just to make your friend happy. Your friend wouldn't be going on this date with this girl, you would be. She has no right to be upset; she can't force you to like someone.

On the other hand, usually I like to go on at least one date with a person before I make a final judgment and call it quits. Maybe this girl is nervous talking to you online as well? Maybe she's a nicer person in-person. Personally, I hate the idea that a month down the line I could be wondering what would have happened if I had decided to do something instead of saying no.

I met my boyfriend through online dating and even though I was super nervous about meeting him I went on a date. We've been together for six months now and its been the best six months of my life.

In the end, the choice is up to you but don't let your friend or the idea that your friend could be upset, guilt you into anything. You are not obligated to do anything.

What Guys Said 0