How short is too short?

I'm 5'4'' and I'm wondering if that's too short to be attractive? I'm 22 so I'm pretty much done growing now.

Most Helpful Girl

• i'm 5 foot 6. I have a friend who's 5 foot 5 and yes it can be strange, but that's not massively intrustive. I think he's cute. he's not fat. he's thinner than me. I have a preference for taller men, but all my brothers (4 brothers) are about 6 foot tall. the shortest one is 5 foot 11, tallest 6 foot 2!

height isn't everything. personality is much more. yes height can be an impulsive turn off, but a personality makes an impact on a girl, so just ignore the ones who look over your head and not at the person you really are.

What Girls Said 19

• Im not sure how much height plays into attraction, at least for me anyway, I have a friend he can't be more the 5'4" or 5'5" and I have the biggest crush on him, I'm 5'4" but there are two other guys I like one is 5'7" the other is 6'4", I think the biggest thing to me is if I find you attractive and if you can make me laugh, I'm not sure I've ever liked a guy that's shorter than me but I don't think I've ever met a guy that's shorter than me so yeah it depends on the girl

• Nah that's totally cool. Girls don't care so much, as long as you're caring and cute, and fun to be with, most girls don't judge on height alone. And there's also girls shorter than you too! There's no problem there. The people who love you will love you.

• I think you'll have a hard time getting a really tall girl to find you attractive but as long as you're you're pretty cute I don't think you'll have a problem with girls a few inches taller than you or shorter than you

• Doesn't matter! Don't worry about it.

• so me and you are the same height I wouldn't mind though ^_^ if a guy is the same height as me though if he were shorter than maybe I would mind.

• I'm 5'2". I prefer usually taller guys but have deff been attracted to some my own height and barely taller. Hieght isn't as important as personality.

• i don't take height into consideration when I am checking out a guy. I am 5 ft 7, by the way. emmm I mainly look at his eyes , hair and whether he is laughing. if he is smiling and having a good time its attractive . I fancied a guy who was 5 5 ish , he was always smiling and he had a gorgeous smile that made me melt lol :)

• nah, most girls don't really care about height. plus, that's still taller than lots of girls. I'm only 5 foot. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you (:

• I'm 5'2"! definitely not too short :) no such thing

• nah, its personality that makes people unattractive. my parents have an 8'' height difference and my dad is the short one. he's 5' and theyve been married over 20 years.

• im 5 ft so that's fine for me :)

• Yep...to me that's has crossed the border line. I'm 5 ft 5 inches...im taller than you and I wear heels...im sorry but you are too short for me...if I was like 4'11" or 5'0" it would be a great height...my advice is date extremly short chicks.

• How can anyone give her a neg for what she finds attracted. I guess if she like an apples and you didn't you give her a neg review. Come on guys, give asvice and not judgment. She only said she wouldn't be attract to him. That what he ask for, not BS. I think she was helpful.

• yes indeed. thanks for answering...my answer. (wait...wtf)

• lol. don't worry, I know what you mean.

• dont worry about it because there's nothing that you can do to change it whoever you end up with will have to accept you the way you are anyway

• to me that's too short. I prefer taller guys in between 5'11 to 6'3 and am 5'5.

• no way. I had this maths teacher who was you height and he wasn't a looker either but all the girls fancied him because he had the best personality!

• I like short guys:) as long as he's taller than me, that's all I care. I'm 5'3". Sooo...i think your height is just perfect. but, once again, I like short guys:))) so you're good...for me:) haha

• It depends on the Person if they'll find you Attractive. One of my Buddies is 25 & 5'2". We like each other but I'll tell you its a little awkward trying to hug him or be interested.. because I'm 5'7"..

you gotta find someone who doesn't care or prefers shorter guys I guess?

• to me yea I'm 5 8

• As long as you're fairly attractive, you will have little trouble getting a short girl.

What Guys Said 7

• 1|0
  • There's no question that you're shorter than the average guy. There is a great solution to it, though. My dad's friends son is about your height, maybe even shorter. When he was a teenager, he realized that he did not have a height-based advantage in attracting women. To make up for it, he got into weight lifting. He is now very muscular and got a great deal of female attention for years. In fact, he's now engaged and will be getting married later this year. If you're not in great shape, you should try building some muscle. It worked for my dad's friend's son.

• I'm not going to say most girls don't care about height, but a lot don't care, as long as your're taller than them. Some don't even mind if a guy is shorter than them, so It's totally possible for you to be considered attractive.

• join the club bro.

• I saw this chick once at the gym that was 6 foot... and inch taller than me. She looked like she hated being so tall.

• I'm just a year younger than you and we're the same height. I get hit on by girls either taller than me or shorter than, but it seems I never could find one my height lol. You'll be fine if you don't mind their height diff

• I'm 5'7", so not quite as short as you but still shorter than the average guy. I've found that most girls don't care (some do, of course) and only care about what else is attached to the guy (personality or whatever). It's also about confidence. If girls know your height doesn't bother you, then they won't care either, but if you're not confident, there are plenty of ways to get confidence (weight-lifting, for one, as the one other guy below mentioned).