Should I kill the heels?

So... I have stared seeing a guy. he is just a bit longer than me, and a almost a year younger. I usually don't date guys that are younger than me, and the guys I have dated have been much taller than me so I haven't had this problem I'm about to present before. The thing is, I love shoes, especially heels, but if I wear them with this guy, I will be taller than he. I know that he sometimes is a bit troubled about the fact that I'm older than him. Not in general, but sometimes I feel like he thinks he has to prove that he is manly enough to be with me (or something like that). Like when we are lying in the sofa, he always have to be "above" me, he doesn't like when I'm higher up than him, or he can't lie resting on me, I always have to be the one resting on him. He says it makes him feel small otherwise.

So, back to the question. Would it bother you if the girl your dating are wearing heals that makes her taller than you? what do you think about it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm in a similar situation. I am currently pursuing a girl who is taller than me in heels. And she loves her heels. I've only ever seen her once in flat shoes. But that's not the problem. The problem is that she wears those absolutely gigantic heels that give you about 5 inches extra height. It's not a problem for me per se but the problem is that I don't think she will be willing to give up her heels. I have no problem dating her if she's taller than me in heels, but I don't think she will be comfortable dating a guy who is shorter than herself when she is in heels. If she didn't wear heels she would be a good few inched shorter than myself. But like I said, I don't have a problem with her being taller, but I think she would have a problem with me being shorter. And another problem is she is extremely popular. She has a lot of guys who like her so she is most likely going to choose somebody who is taller than her when she is wearing heels, which leaves me with really no chance.

Anyway, there are a few questions you need to ask yoursef. How much do I like this guy? Does he like me as much as I like him? Do I like him enough to be comfortable around him with my heels on? Does he like me enough to accept me as I am? If you both like each other enough then I doubt the heels issue would present as much of a problem. At least not as much of a problem as the one I'm having.

What Guys Said 1

• I prefer girls to be taller than me (with heels on)..not without. I am 5'8"

What Girls Said 1

• All you can do is ask him what he thinks and consider if it works for you. Some guys totally dig their girlfriend in heels even if it means she will be taller. Heels are sexy. However, you might have a guy who hates that you will be taller. I don't think I could stay with a guy like that personally, but that is up to you.