Is it possible to gain more muscle in your legs through exercise?

My legs are pretty thin and I was wondering if you can gain some muscle by lifting weights, or some other form of exercise.

If you have experience with this, please tell me some tips.

Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, you can increase the muscles in your legs through weight training, everyone will have different genetics so the AMOUNT of muscle you gain will be different, you may not be arnlod, but if you never trained before you can get some decent improvements

• How many times per week should I go? I use to go once per week but I'm not sure if that was helping much

• i had one but he was too intense with it! I don't want to get mega legs...that would be too much work. I just want to increase my leg mass a bit.

• Don't worry! If it was that easy to get mega legs then people would all be walking around with them. Just train hard and look in the mirror, when you get the legs you want just stop training hard and maintain

What Guys Said 4

• squats ill be the first to admit I got a beautiful ass, if you want the meat got to do full range squats meaning feet flat on the ground toes up heel down and squat till the top of your thighs are parallel with the floor with you ass almost hitting your heels

• that is not how you do those!

• possibly

• it's alright. I am too

• You have to eat a lot first. Not junk food though. Start running if you haven't already. Running where there hills will speed of the growth of the muscles. Working out in the gym will definitely help, but if you can balance both you will get the best results.

• well I tried running but it only makes me feel too skinny.

• You will have to eat a lot of food with protein to fill in the empty spaces.

• yes, but you also need to eat more- you can't build muscle from nothing.

• WE LOVE THIN LEGS! PLEASE DON'T RUIN THEM BY MAKING THEM MUSCULAR! PLEASE!

What Girls Said 2

• You will. I suggest start doing different leg work- leg presses, leg curls, reverse leg curls, hip abductors and adductors, squats, lunges, and do step ups on a bench. Combine that with running and you will get nice muscular legs.

• Good answer, just add plenty of protein.

• Especially if you have a harder time building muscle, you will want to add in protein. I have naturally thick thighs, so adding in protein isn't necessary.

• I agree with anonymous, I'm trying to thin my legs because they have a little more muscle than I would like. The muscle also keeps my weight higher than I want it to be. Please keep your pretty thin legs how they are! i

• no they're really ugly

• Here you can calculate it using this link

• Thanks!