Why do girls go through this phase? why accept them?

why do almost all girls go through this phase where they date douche bags and assholes only after their p****..

and then they turn around and say "I'm done with this I want a good guy"... do you really think a good guy wants you? why do you think you can go out and have your "fun" and then later on settle down with some poor guy?

and yes I am frustrated and a good guy, I am not spineless or a doormat, and I don't kiss ass, but still day to day I see myself and guys like me get ZERO attention even though we're decent guys

Most Helpful Girl

• Back when I was in college, a REALLY great guy had a crush on me, but he was too shy to open his mouth and tell me. So, we ended up being great friends. I was dating a jerk at the time, but was too young and clueless to see what a great catch my friend was. Fast forward 20+ years later. My friend is now married, but he contacted me last year to "catch up" and has stayed in touch on a regular basis since then. I can tell he wants to say to me what he couldn't 20+ years ago. I'm much wiser now...and trust me, if he wasn't married, I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to be with him. It's sad really, because I can tell the flame is there laying dormant under the surface of our polite conversations, but neither of us can act on it.

Do yourself a favor, if you want something, go for it. Don't think that because you are a good guy that women don't want you...in most cases, you're just not making the attempt like the "bad boys" do, for fear of rejection or whatever...who knows. But don't end up like my friend 20+ years from now wondering "what if?" Good luck.

What Girls Said 5

• Because more than often good guys DO want those girls. Those are the girls good guys yearn to receive attention from. "Good guys" will claim they receive attention when they do, but it isn't from the girls they want attention from

On a side note, I don't like bad boys.

• The cool guys in high school are the druggies and the cool guys later in life are the guys who didn't do drugs and have successful careers, it a win win, party then coast.

• so you get used up and then use a good guy, makes sense

• haha, just chill out, its more of a stereotype, live is not that simple, black and white.

• I think it's great that you have an ideal to meet the right girl and settle down with only her...however most of your questions seems to stem from frustration at not finding that girl right away...unfortunately every good thing takes time. I think it's not a good idea to be so cynical.

• i think guys do it too sometimes.

i think some people do it to have fun and experiment before settling down.

• Most people don't exactly want to settle down with the first guy they date. you're gonna realistically date many people before you are emotionally ready to settle down. I think you're just thinking about this because you aren't having luck with girls at all, so you're attacking girls for not settling down with you now. but the fact of the matter is, most people want to have fun. be honest, if you could get a whole bunch of girls that were sexually interested in you, would you only date 1 and then get married to her? that's just how it is. even if you do settle down most people grow and change so much in their late teens and early 20s that it isn't worth it. that's why most people who marry young have such a high divorce rate. The fact of the matter is, unless you get some 14 year old virgin, MOST MEN will not marry virgins. Even if you're a bad guy, good guy, priest, whatever, you are going to marry someone who has had prior relationship experience.

• I would only date 1 and then get married to her

and past relationship experience is fine, sleeping around isn't

• thanks

• also it's not that I don't want to approach or pursue women, it's that I can't

What Guys Said 5

• Seriously now , I don't want to sound mean , but I probably will , questions like this make decent guys as you say look lame ,really now if you don't want them don't have girls like that , its not that they will force you to go out with them , I do get your point and why you are disappointed , but it still looks pathetic , I think of my self as a decent guy , but I won't start saying that the world is not fair , no body said that the world is fair , I think that we just need to get over it and see what we want to get out of it , that's my opinion of this and sorry if I was a little harsh , its not personal , its just that its annoying seeing so many guys thinking like that .

• Probably a little hard on our female friends...these "douche bags & assholes" are usually better at getting females into the sack...the same way politicians are good at getting elected but don't make good leaders. We are only young once...they have the right to make a few mistakes...look at it this way...after these females have been conned 2 or 3 times...then they learn the real value of someone that truly cares...

• I'm thinking that people are allowed to make mistakes. Not all girls are like this in the first place but surely some of the ones that have been with the "bad" guy are worthy of redemption? I know it is hard but as you get older you will find that girls want you for your mind and your goals and your decency. Hopefully you will not run into a lot of women that are still hatefull from the baggage they carry from being sh*t on from us men when they were younger. I am not including you of course but many guys are walking hard ons and can't decipher between love and lust, thus many women in the meantime are hurt. Just sit back and be patient your goodness in you will pay off.

• so I have to wait for the bad boys to finish and then get sloppy seconds?

• I said "some" girls go through this. I think no matter what that most people will have some baggage of some kind that affects them in their future endeavors. These days it seems that no one is "sacred" or pure so just look for someone that has decent morals and from your standpoint someone that has not "sold her soul" to have sex with "bad" guys.

• You're a nice guy, not a good guy. Those girls are fools and yes I do agree with you, no good guy would ever date them after they had their fun.

• Not all girls go through this phase. You still have a decent selection of girls to go for, but they "ain't no Hemi..."