How do you style your hair?

What kind of hair do you have too? Long/short? Wavy/straight? Frizzy/coarse/silky?

My hair isn't really like most Asians. It's pretty thick and frizzy/coarse in texture. It's getting somewhat long now.

When I shower, I use shampoo and conditioner and once a week a hair mask and then when I get out of the shower, I towel dry it and let it air dry and then use a dime sized amount of Got 2 Be Shine Glossy Hair Shine Serum and I comb it and use my fingers to make it wavy. That's it... I rarely use a flatiron and even less rarely a curling iron.

Just looking to see what other girls do who have good hair.

Most Helpful Girl

• Unlike what you've said, your hair is actually really like most Asians. Typically Asians have thick, frizzy/coarse hair, whereas naturally blond girls typically have fine, soft hair.

Frizzy and coarse isn't really bad. Because of the Asian features you have, at least it gives your hair some volume rather than looking flat. What you've been doing is good enough, in fact you probably look like you have good, healthy hair although it's frizzy/coarse in TEXTURE. I can't recommend which shampoo is good to use, but avoid all Pantene products apart from Icy Shine Pantene. Avoid dying or highlighting your hair as well if you want silky looking hair, and don't brutally towel dry your hair. Layered cut definitely suits you more than straight cut.

My hair is long, naturally straight and silky looking. I don't do much with my hair as long as I don't damage my hair or the scalp. Generally I follow the simple rules of having a not-too-moist-and-not-too-dry shampoo and applying conditioner later. I curl my hair once in a blue moon, and I use hair accessories more than styling it.

To test whether you hair is healthy, you can place one of your hair strands on the water and see whether it stays afloat. If it does, your hair is healthy. Keep experimenting with shampoo and keep doing what you are doing :) Hope it helps :D

• On second thought, why don't you ask your sisters what they use. they might have similar kind of hair as yours and you guys probably can help one another :)

What Guys Said 2

• I usually keep my hair short to medium length. It is straight when short and wavy as it gets longer. I have an oval/rectangle shaped face so short hair tends to suit my features better. When it's short I will flip the front up and when it's medium length I just let it go wherever it wants lol.

LOL and I love the goofy pic with you and your sisters. Hilarious!

• I wake up and it's straight magic I know

What Girls Said 14

• My hair is pretty fine, but it also tends to be frizzy sometimes, and it's always curly. Not tight curls, but waves start about 1/3 of the way down from the roots, then go into ringlets. My hair is a little bit past my collarbones. I had to cut quite a bit off recently to get rid of the dead ends.

I don't do a whole lot to it though. Aside from all the dye, I'm pretty low-maintenance when it comes to my hair. I basically just wash and condition every other day. I tie my hair up with conditioner in for the majority of my shower so it can soak in, because it needs all the moisture it can get, lol. I just towel-dry and let it air dry from there, parting to the side at some point. Sometimes I'll tie it back, mainly to get it out of my face, other times I'll pin back my bangs. And I use a henna and placenta treatment like once a week. There's not much styling involved for me. =] I have a straightener, but I almost never use it. Don't use the blow-dryer, I don't even comb my hair, except to untangle and pull out the loose stuff before a shower. Once I'm out of the shower, the comb doesn't come anywhere near it because it frizzes up and I lose a lot of curl.

• mine is short (pixie cut) and it's straight and silky,it's pretty thick too. right now,since it's short,i just wash it with whatever,doesn't really matter,and use wax to either make a faux-hawk or I just comb it in a classical pixie cut. when it was long I used ''hello hydration'' and I would just comb it and let it dry naturally,i'd usually wash it in the evening cause it would always look better on the second day.

• My hair is short, curly, frizzy, and dry. I try to style it but it never works out because my hair is just naturally horrible. Once my hair grows a bit longer I'm thinking of getting a Keratin treatment. They're $200 but it will save me so much time and agony that it might be worth it.

• Mines a little coarse and thick, but the ends are a little fried from like 2 years ago when I always straightened it. And it's medium and wavy, and usually if I take a shower in the morning I just scrunching gel in it, I never brush my hair though. Or I go to sleep with it wet and then it's really crazy so I usually have to put it up lol

• My hair is long and very wavy. Needless to say, I abhor my wavy hair so I straighten it. I wash it every 3 days with Matrix Botanicals for colored treated hair and spray on Conditioner made by the same company. I let it air dry so I tend to wash it at night. In the morning, I use a flat iron to straighten it and apply some anti frizz serum. My hair is very silky and shiny.

• My hair:

-Curly

-Course

-Thick

-Frizzy

-Damaged/Over processed

Overall I have "mixed" hair, like a lot of mixed girls have it. It's mid-back.

Shampoo:

-Original Mane n' Tail Shampoo

-Original Mane n' Tail Conditioner

or

-Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo

-Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner

Deep Conditioner(weekly):

-Aussie 3 Minute Miracle(Moisture)

-Lustrasilk Cholesterol with carrot oil(protein)

I've been taking really good care of my hair and it's become much more manageable and healthy!

Lately, I've been "oiling" my hair. It's what women in India do. I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil but I'm going to purchase Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. It's made my hair incredibly manageable and stronger.

For the past few months I've been putting Herbal Essence Tousle Mousse and avoiding flat ironing it because I don't want to damage it.

• my hair is short and very curly. I wash it normally , I use shampoo and conditioner then I put in some other stuff. Afterwards I braid it then leave it like that for the night. In the morning , I remove the braids and then my hair comes out looking curly. the curls stay in for the whole day. I do it every other day. Sometimes I just straighten it. There are also times when I leave it in it's natural form.

• my hair is thick, voluminous, slightly coarse, and wavy. everyday I wake up it's a different style...which can get super annoying. I only shampoo & condition on alternate days, else it'd get too dry. I put in some drugstore brand treatment oil once a week, and a soy-based protein mask once a month. I used to have my hair long but I've just chopped it short (slightly above shoulder length)

• I have thick coars curly hair. Its natural. I almost always flat iron. Like every other day. I usually wash it twice a week and condition once a week. When I get out of the shower I let air dry. If I'm not going anywhere I just leave it natural. If I am ill put a little sheen spray in it and flat iron it. Ill wear it like that until it starts to lose its straigtness. Then ill wear it in a ponytail with my natural hair until the next wash. Lol its like a cycle!

• My hair is naturally curly with tight, tiny spiral curls. Sometimes I straighten it because the curls only let it go to my shoulders so when I straighten it, it's like about to the middle of my back. I do all kinds of things with it lol.

What is "Good hair"?

• I guess similar to what you see in shampoo commercials.

• You're being ignorant by completely taking my words verbatim. I said "I guess similar. . ." stop stretching my words.

• I'm not stretching your words. that's all simply what you said. "Just looking to see what other girls do who have good hair." "I guess similar to what you see in shampoo commercials." I'm just saying..you sound very ignorant.

• my hair is wavy (big waves) somedays I straigten it, somedays I put in anti frizz serum and leave it. but I always blow dry it.

• my hair is naturally wavy/curly but I prefer it to be straight. I use shampoo and conditioner, let it air-dry a bit, use a little bit of schwarzkopf anti-frizz serum, let it dry fully and then straighten it. my grandma calls me once a week, asks me if my hair is still alive lol, and tells me to rub in some coconut oil to make it soft and glossy :p so if I have time, I do that- let it sit for an hour or two and then use shampoo to get it out.

• Long, black, straight and luckily, fairly silky despite how much I straighten it :)

• Your hair looks awesome! I was looking at your pics today & I thought it looks amazing as it grows longer =)

My hair is long, thick, wavy and naturally dark brown. I dye it golden blond because it suits me better. Dark brown is too dull for me. Besides, being a blond here in Egypt makes you a very hot girl (even if it doesn't suit you hahaha) stupid stereotypes! lol

Anyway, one of the reasons Arabs have lovely hair that's thick, long and shiny is oil. Sometimes, like once or twice a month I put special mixture of oils (that's a ready made product) on my hair. It really works magic! =))

P.S. I love you hair ;-)