Do I really look like I see myself in the mirror?

When I look in the mirror, I think "average, not ugly but just average girl"...

But then, people keep telling me "your really beautiful!" Even random people that I don't really know. Guys stare at me when I walk by, but I don't know why because I don't really feel like I'm that hot that people should stare at me..

So why is it that I feel like I'm nothing special, (I don't have much confidence by the way), and people tell me stuff like "your beautiful" etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think a lot of girls focus on their flaws when they look in the mirror and so they see themselves as less attractive. Other people, however, look at the whole package and in your case judge you as attractive.

What Guys Said 2

• i'd see a psychiatrist if I were you...you may have facial dismorphic disorder. if untreated you can incur 100's of thousands of dollars in plastic surgery when you get older. God made you the way you are. if you exercise daily, your mental construct of yourself will change naturally.

• I will tell you the truth... Since I work in Hollywood

What Girls Said 3

• Sounds like you need to work on you self esteem.

I used to be like you too.

but everyday I would force myself to look in the

mirror, and decide what I liked and didn't like.

And embrace what I think is beautiful and change

what I felt needed to be changed. Some people will

think your beautiful, and others may not..

but all that really matters is what you think of yourself.

=)

• Oneself is their worst critic. Obviously you should get over your lack of confidence and start listening to others compliments

• All girls do that. As the "users" said, you need to gain confidence. If you are being complemented then you should feel good about yourself, like really really good about yourself. Stop looking in the mirror too much ha ha :p