Is it sometimes considered bad to be young looking?

I'm 22 years old, and it feels like "looking young" is a curse rather than looking mature. People usually take it as a compliment, but when people tell me I look young, somehow I'm not so pleased with their comments... it makes it seem like I'm somehow not "sexually appealing" to guys...

does anybody get what I mean?

what does it mean if you're constantly getting told you look too young when you are in fact a 22 year old college girl? not sexually appealing enough? not hot enough?

my current manager whom I work for in a restaurant told me that maybe the reason I didn't get the job at the martini bar (I applied there and got rejected) was because I didn't look mature enough and I look too young...it bothers me because I'm a college graduate and I want to be taken seriously and look mature!

Most Helpful Guy

• I suspect most guys your age wouldn't mind young looking, some older guys (i.e. patrons in the bar) might prefer for you to look your age.

You should consider though that this 'problem' will end within 4-5 years, and for the rest of your life, looking young is a massive advantage.

What Guys Said 5

• Yeah that's the same with me. I'm 22 also and people usually guess my age in the 16-19 range. This has led to me to believe that I am not sexually appealing either, at least not to girls my own age. It's almost as if I have not matured fully and not considered attractive.

• Well, when you get older.. like in your 40s.. It'll be to your advantage to look more youthful.

• well learn how to deal with it for a few more years and hope when you are an old bastard like me you can look young still

• Shit, you are an old bastard.

• hahahaha thanks shaun. and wow lol we can say sh*t? I thought that got blocked out

• Don't be ridiculous.

• seriously, I think looking young has bad connotations...like it might mean I look like a virgin?!

• Well, yeah... It seems like the ' hotter' girls have an image of being more sexually experienced and more mature looking... If you know what I mean

• lol your generation is hopeless.

• Nope, at risk of sounding like a total perv I'm going to admit young looking is very attractive. It makes sense from a biological standpoint a guy is going to be attracted to a young looking fertile female.

• well, considering I haven't had a lot of luck with guys thus far, I don't think looking young is any benefit for me...or getting a job, especially at a bar

• Ok now that I see you want to look older change your hair and makeup and dress. Seriously it works on us guys, there is a woman on the local news where I live that looked in her twenties at first and now she does her hair like women in the 50's did and she looks 30 years older. Obviously this is an extreme example but hopefully you get the idea.

What Girls Said 4

• It can suck in some situations like getting into a club but looking young will keep predators at bay. They won't risk talking up a "little" girl because they can be charged as pedofiles. Anyway, I'm considered young looking too, just take it as a compliment, you'll get better with age.

• Young ones want to look old, old ones want to look young. It's lifee (:

• i don't see any problem with that. I wish I looked younger than my age.

• Same thing happens to me...i'm 26 but guys who've checked me out have started conversations with, "how old are you" because they thought I was 18! and after they know they're not robbing the cradle, they decide to try and flirt. haha!

i'm short with a young looking face.

so maybe they're not put off by looking young? no guys have answered yet...