I want my eyes to stand out but I'm not sure what to do..

I usually wear eyeliner some nuetral colored eyeshadow like beige and some mascara,but by the end of the day it's all in my creases and all over my face.

I don't know how to make a look last all day.

I can never find primers in makeup sections.

Most Helpful Girl

• i only wear dark eyeliner on the top and white eyeliner on the bottom and mascara on both, it makes my eyes seem brighter.

but your question was how to make it stay and last longer. before you put on your eyeliner, mascara or eyeshodow, you need to use a (loose) face powder foundation on your eyelids. this should help your eye make-up to set better. also try to use waterproof make-up (mascara and eyeliner especially) and keep your hands and fingers away from your face, the oils and sweat that collect on them with cause your make-up to smear and smugde.

and you want your eyes to stand out more, instead of using a nuetral eyeshadow, try using an opposing color. like if you have brown eyes, try a purple, blue or even green only on the eyelid, below the crease (I love green with my eyes, it just makes them pop) just don't go overboard like the did back in the 80s, I know you've all seen that electric blue eyeshadow all the way up to the brow (EEEWWWW!) if you don't have brown eyes then there are plenty of websites (covergirl, maybelline, etc.) that sell eyeshadow kits that show you which colors would best accentuate your eyes. sometimes the stores have color charts next to the make-up as well. and if you want a smoldery look, then opt for darker colors, just put it on a little at a time, remember, it's easier to add more than it is to start all over.

hope this helps :)

What Guys Said 2

• I thought from what I saw on your profile pic that you need not change a thing. You have lovely eyes and they look very pretty. They stand out and say "Hey gorgeous woman here".

• From a guy's point of view, if your profile picture is what you look like in real life, I don't think you need to change anything. You're really pretty, really really pretty and your eyes do stand out.

• Yes that's how I look in real life,and thanks.=]]

I guess I'm just picky with how I look.

• Younger guys eh? Well, I'd suggest staying within your own age group or below, when people date older guys bad things usually happen.

• Lol the oldest I'll date is a year for now,my ex was a year and a week older.

What Girls Said 5

• well I usually have a guy's perspective when it comes to make-up which is that less is more! Not that girls shouldn't wear any eye make-up but that they shouldn't wear as much as most of them do. Personally I hardly ever wear eyeliner and I and others still consider myself pretty [not that I'm bragging, and I'm sure that there's some who don't consider me that pretty.beauty is sometimes in the eye of the beholder.]

Anyways, if you are gonna wear eyeliner then use a pencil one and only put it on and very near your eyelashes. Also put on some foundation or concealer on your eyelids and underneath your eyes [really works for me!] And beige eyeshadow is good but only a dash of mascara except some more for a special night out. Hope that helps!

• It depends on the kid of eye shadow you're wearing.

If you use cream eye shadow than that's the reason it smudges all over your face. especially if you're face tends to be on the oily side rather than dry.

The perfect solution: Use a compacted (not loose) powder eye shadow. Before you put the brush it in, get the tip of the brush SLIGHTLY wet, not enough to dilute the color, but to make the color stay on firmer. Trust me this works. kind of gross but saliva works better than actual water.

This will last a long time, but if you notice the shadow starts to cake up, carry around small squares of tissue paper with you. Tissue paper eliminates oil (you could even use it on your whole face). Just rub the tissue paper lightly on the creased area and reapply.

Good luck

• Try using liquid eyeshadow and powdered shadow of the same color lightly on top. If you have brown eyes try usuing darker shadows on you eyelid and lighter ones working up to your brow line. Look in some of the magazines, they have cool ideas.

• Keep a couple of qtips on you and every couple hours just lick it or get it wet and clean up under your eyes.

• A couple tips I would have for you:

where either brown or black eyeliner based on what you like more, and just put it on the lower eyelid and barely on the bottom lashes at all.

eyeshadows.good combinations are usually a gold color on the left side of the right of the eyelid (and right side of the left) and a purple or medium brown on the outterside. and get a shiney light whiteish color for from your eyeshadow to your eyebrow and use a light brush to put it on.

and for eyelashes.get an expensive good mascara and it usually helps to use eyelash curlers before putting on a good amount of mascara.

if your going to be out all day make sure you have a pocket sized mirror and check your makeup about every hour or so and wipe off any running makeup, and possibly redo it a little.