Looking your best for once?

What are your tips for losing weight? I currently work out 5-7 days a week and do cardio (run at least a mile or elliptical or stationary bike) in that workout and weight-lift 3-4 days a week and do 150 situps a day...I'm not losing the weight I want...before you go there, I eat a reduced calorie diet 1300-1500 calories a day. Should I start walking in addition to my workouts? How many steps should I shoot for a day? Also, any tips please :) by the way I'm 5'6 128lbs

Most Helpful Guy

• Um, you don't really need to lose weight. You're right in the healthy BMI range. You sound like an Olympian to me.

Do you want to tone your body? Your body does need to rest to rebuild muscle.

A good book for you may be 'The New Rules of Lifting' by Lou Schuler and Alwyn Cosgrove to give you some perspective on maybe what you think you're doing wrong.

Personally, I think you're working out TOO much if you want to lose weight.

Interval training may work for you (hard for a minute or two, moderate for a minute or two, repeat).

• thanks I'll try that :)

What Guys Said 1

• I'm running a mile/ mile and a half 6 days a week. Playing ultimate twice a week for an hour to two hours each time. Cycling anywhere from a half hour to 2 hours 6 days a week, core strengthening including 210-350 crunches twice a week and eating 1000-1200 calories a day.

6'2" 230lbs down from 260. When I started, my goal was 210, but I think I want 195 now.

What Girls Said 1

• If you're building muscle, that could counter any weight you lose. How much do you want to lose?

• i'm more focused on leaning and toning my body and ya muscle does weight more than fat, but probably another 5-8lbs my thighs, butt and stomach are target areas