Maxi dresses and their purpose?

The girl I like wore a maxi dress to work the other day. We work together and I was surprised to see her wear one. I do not have a problem with them I am just curious.

So what I am wondering is why do you wear them assuming it was hot when she wore it. Why did she not wear something shorter?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's the style. There could be many reason she choose that dress, maybe she didn't want guys starring at her legs all day. Even though they reach the floor they are still breezy.

What Girls Said 8

• Well maxi skirts are good for hot weather, provided they aren't made of heavy material...they're really breezy... anyway, it's probably more for style reasons, they're pretty popular right now.

• well it's summer so she wanted to wear something light,but couldn't wear a short dress cause it's inappropriate for work,or she wanted to hide her legs

• Maybe she didn't shave her legs that day, but since it was hot she still wanted to wear a dress. Maxi dress = perfecto

• Because she had it in her closet and felt like wearing something different.

• As I have said she does not seem like the kind of girl who would wear one. So it surprised me when she did.

• Girls just like to change their style every once in a while, wear something in their closet they usually won't :P

• maxi dresses are super airy and comfortable, that's probably why she chose to wear it.

• They are cute

• comfortable

they're cute

in style

breezy. seriously try on a maxi skirt one day its not hot at all, you get a lot of air and it feels breezy

why analyze a girl's outfit like that? I didn't think guys did that. wtf she just wanted to wear it and she liked it

• She does not seem like the type to wear one regardless of what they feel like. Something about her personality

• Why wouldn't she? Any girl own a collection of short and long skirts/dresses/pants. Normal.

What Guys Said 0