How can I show people I'm not the stereotype they think I am?

I'm blond and everywhere I go I get the "slut, doesn't know when to stop, attention seeking" stereotype thrown at me. I don't dress provocatively and I don't wear a lot of make-up, I do like to have fun, but every one does, I'm just having a good time. I want to know if there's a way that I can dress that will make people look at me differently, so that they think I'm classy, elegant and sexy instead of trashy, stupid and easy. I know I shouldn't care, but it's getting to the point (with guys especially) where it's hard to make friends because they already assume your a "bitch". Any one wanna help me? Thanks :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I know exactly how you feel; though I'm not blond, I've had to deal with the assumptions of negative black stereotypes for some time. It sucks because people pre-judge and don't see you for who you truly are.

There's honestly nothing you can do as far as changing your clothes; you could dye your hair another color, but I'm sure your proud of your blond color and want to keep it. ( Plus dye totally kills your hair.)

You just have to be you; those stereotypes will still haunt you every now and then, but when you start talking to people, and they get to know you, then they'll see they were completely wrong to begin with.

I always get the , " Your different than I thought, or you don't act like (stereotypical black people,)" once people get to know me. And don't psyche yourself out by thinking everyone thinks stereotypically of others, because there are a good number who don't.

Just be who you are and try not to reinforce any of the stereotypes. People who are honestly worth your friendship and companionship, will see you for who you really are, not what society has labled you to be :)

What Guys Said 3

• Pretty sure it's not your hair color causing this. We need to understand exactly why. What it is you do, how you dress, etc.

• like you said, dress classy, elegant and sexy instead of trashy, stupid and easy. stop dressing like the stereotypical blond girl. if that's how you dress than that's you. don't let others define who you are. your you.

hey, haters are gonna hate.

• stop wearing the mini-skirts. get rid of the skimpy tops and stop chewing gum.

easy. dress like a nerd instead. diffuse the erotic situation at hand...like anything in life, what you give out comes back twofold.

What Girls Said 6

• Just show less skin, don't show cleavage, don't wear mini skirts, wear less makeup, and don't wear super tight clothes.

no:

link

yes:

link

• Unfortunately idiots exist everywhere so someone might still use the blond joke around you even if you're doing everything right. That would be the minority though. Most people will view you as classy if you don't give them a reason to think of you otherwise...u know what I mean? If you demand respect from them, they should return it (unless they're the 1% idiots)! One of the girls in my class is blond and is very sweet and educated. It just took a matter of getting to know her and to dismiss stereotypes! =p

• As my mother always said, "Dress to impress". The only way you can show people you aren't is by not being that. I see a classy person as someone who dresses more on the modest side, has not too noticeable and neat hair. Hollister jean shorts are an example of what classy is not. Know, it's hard to get a rep like yours without it being half true. Are you a party girl? I don't know how you classify your fun but that may have a lot to do with it. Just be nice to everyone, even if you don't like them or they are bitchy.

• Just don't come off as one.Dress classy, act classy.

• if you want them to stop you can't let them know it bothers you... be like "yes I am a slut OK " then walk away but say it seriously and they will stop because they just want to annoy you

• dress better do sumthing with your hair. other than that who cares if they want to judge f*** them. and if your guy friends call you a bitch than id b like "u know what I'm not a bitch and if you keep judging me you ass than I dnt want nothing to do with u." like with me when people see me or meet me they are intimidated because I look like a bitch but I'm not I can b though!