Do shy girls have a hard time looking at a guy she likes?

I ask this because there's this shy girl and we talked a bit then a few days ago, we talked a lot and she opened up a bit. I didn't see her again until 5 days later. I was in the hall, and she came out of a classroom, looked at me, quickly looked away, and then as she walked by, looked at me, smiled and said hello.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes! Sad but true fact of life...just be patient with her and kind! Hopefully she'll let her guard down!

What Girls Said 5

• Some shy people find eye-contact intimidating, especially when they care about what that person thinks of them. The more she gets to know you, the more she will open up. The fact that she smiled and said hello was a good sign.

• I'm going to have to say yes, I'm a little shy when I first meet people and to maintain eye contact is the hardest thing for me to do

• She likes you but doesn't know how to say it and is hoping you make the first move.

• yes. coming from a shy girl she most likely likes you.

• Yep, I'm surprised she could even get the smile and hello down. Seems like she's into you. If you're interested, give her a break and go ahead and ask her out :) Lots of luck.

What Guys Said 3

• Usually if someone is shy, I tend to think that staring and then looking away when caught is a sign of interest.

• maybe she wants you to make a move first. Try and talk to her first.

• yeah sounds like a good sign you just have to get her to open up more it good that she said hi to you though I'm assuming before she would just look at you and not talk.