Why do SO many people ask why I don't wear makeup?

i wear makeup very rarely. usually for fancy occasions only. on a normal day, I'm fresh faced.

but I get asked why I don't wear makeup on almost a daily basis. I'd say it's mostly women who ask, and it'll be random women like waitresses and receptionists at the dentist's office. they all say "but makeup makes us look prettier, and it'll make you prettier, too!"

my guy friends and some guys I come into contact with semi often (classmates, the barista at Starbucks I see every morning) have asked me why I don't wear it, and when I tell them they usually say "oh OK" and leave it at that.

the reason why I don't is because my parents wouldn't let me wear it when I was younger and by the time I got old enough to wear it I didn't care anymore.

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Maybe you need it (which I doubt)

or

2. Girls = Makeup seems to be the popular belief

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Well makeup is like a conversation starter, or they just think it;s weird because most girls do!

• I get asked the same question. I prefer to go fresh faced as you say and natural instead of caking my face with make-up. I've never been the one to wear make-up so I've gotten used to it, and the only times I do are for parties and special occasions.

• They're silly.

• I never get asked that and I don't