How do you measure your bra size properly?

Okay so I always thought that I was a 34B but recently I saw a pic of a 34b breast in a magazine ad for breast cancer and realize that I'm bigger :D :D and I don't want to get it measured by them workers who do it for free in bra shops because it's embarrassing, not yet anyway, so I was wondering how can I measure them accurately by myself at home! Thanks :)

Most Helpful Girl

• get a cloth tape measure. Measure yourself when you're completely topless. Obviously the tape measure goes around your breasts. It has to be in the middle of your breasts. Don't leave any spaces in between when measuring. Then see the number on the cloth tape measure where both ends meet.

What Guys Said 1

• First, take the measurement around the area BELOW the breast, around the ribcage. DONT ADD 5 INCHES LIKE PEOPLE TELL YOU TO. its only asking for back problems.

add 1-3 inches if needed.

then measure around the fullest part of your bust. If your chest is wide, bend over. So the tissue falls forward.

i am a 34-36DD , and I measure around a 34C if I don't measure like that, and I'm strapped into the 34c, spilling out. So I measure like previously stated (since my boobs are wide) and it works perfect :)

• By the way, I am a girl. I just chose the wrong gender when signing up

What Girls Said 4

• get a tape measurer like the ones they have at la senza. you measure under your boobs basically and that is the length that goes around you. aka. if you're 34 inches, that means you're a size 34. if you measure around 36, then you're a 36. then you add 5 and apparently that measures the cup size.

and I'm not embarrassed when they measure me but I already know how to measure myself. don't think anything of it.

• You should get professionally measured by someone at a department store of VS. Most women are wearing the wrong size.

And if you've never questioned your breast size until you saw a picture you're probably wearing the right size within the correct range

• pics in magazines and real life are not the same. is your 34B bras fitting?

and it's not embarrassing. it's really discreet and easy

• its really not that weird getting it done by the people who work at the stores. I had them do it at victoria's secret, and it really helped me.