Is dressing preppy a bad thing?

So I'm soon to be 16, and I'm a brunette (not that it really matters)

My style is very preppy and girly. I love fashion. I love to wear heels, blouses, high wais skirts and belts and clothes like that (think blair waldorf) A lot of people tell me that I dress a lot like a rich girl. I mean I don't wear a lot of designer. I think it's silly to buy some thing just because it's valentino or vuitton, I love second hand and mixing from different stores. Still my style is very preppy, I don't like showing to much and I dress a lot more mature then a lot of my friends. I love sports, but I'm not the kind of girl who likes to wear baggy clothes. I like to dress up.I that a bad thing?

Most Helpful Girl

• No that's not a bad thing at all. BE WHO YUH ARE. don't let people make yuh feel bad because yuh look nice. If yuh lived around my way yuh would be a fashionista. so work what yuh have. they probably want to dress like yuh but can't pull it off! lol but don't let them phase yuh at all.

Hope I helped!

What Guys Said 3

• I think you should dress in what ever way you are comfortable with and makes you feel good. Anyone worth being around will stick around long enough to learn more from the way you act then the way you dress.

• i like it, your young and most of the young people dress like that !

• It's not a bad thing, but I think a lot of people are going to look at you and think you're stuck-up or some fancy I'm-better-than-you girl.

What Girls Said 5

• No, it's definitely not a bad thing. You're actually a step ahead of your peers who will wear nothing but sweats until they graduate from college. Just accept that how you like to dress is part of your personality and embrace it. As long as you're friendly and warm you should get along with all kinds of different people regardless of what you're wearing.

Here is a great role model for you. Her name is Julia Allison and she was the former editor-at-large of Star magazine and she graduated from Georgetown in 2004. Basically, she is extremely successful and has never compromised her personal style for other people. Here is the blog she currently writes with two of her good friends: link

• No that's not a bad thing. Some people might be jealous that you care enough about your looks to put yourself together like that.

• It shouldn't matter.

• Not bad, it will just appear as though your mother dressed you.

• It doesn't matter how mature you dress, if you have nothing inside of you, then it's just emptiness covered with a nice facade.

I'm not saying that you're empty, but in the real world, people don't give a s**t what you where.