How bad do ugly or average girls have it?

We all know the cliched phrase " it's the inside that counts"... Well, it doesn't always work that way in real life ( esp during high school and early college years).

Girls have more pressure on them to make themselves look as pretty as possible...

So how hard is it for ugly/ average girls? Or do pretty and ugly girls have it equally hard when it comes to dating?

After posting this Q, I realized how stupid this post is as everybody has different defintions of beauty and there are too many types of girls that qualify as pretty... For example, I'd say maria sharapova is a pretty girl (7/10) while an ugly or average girl would look like just like a nindescript girl in your class that nobody really notices ( like Xenia , from The Voice)

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think average girls have it that bad. "ugly" girls may have it bad, but that depends on your definition of ugly. One man's ugly is another man's attractive. As a rule though, I'd say average/ugly girls have it worse than average/ugly guys. In my psychology class of intimate relationships, our textbook described that men see looks as more important in their attraction than women do. However, insecure guys have it worse than insecure girls. That same textbook described that women see confidence/stability as more important for our attraction than men do.

We all have things that we're more strict or lenient on. But just as I'd suggest a guy to work on his confidence and appearance, I suggest the same for women. Why settle for being less than you can be? Only good can come from improving yourself. No one is "stuck" being ugly or insecure. It just depends on whether they want to work for it and become happier, or continue sitting around bitching about it and get nowhere.

• the best place to start for anybody is the gym imo, natural highs are the best :P

• I think he means getting in shape. Improving your appearance is motivating and gives you a natural confidence boost.

• yup ^ that, and I am living proof!

What Guys Said 5

• If a girl is so horrendously ugly that she gets zero attention whatsoever, then she has it as bad as the vast majority of guys.

• Keep in mind that a lot of "pretty" girls get asked out etc. only because they are pretty, I'm sure a lot of pretty girls want a guy who will love them unconditionally and love them for them and as they are, not for their make up and short dresses etc.

But a lot of times guys only date those pretty girls as trophies or just for some fun

• girls have it easy in almost every aspect of dating, average looking or not.

• They don't have it too bad. Everyone likes different looks. I've had friends date girls I find ugly.

• Not nearly as bad as ugly/average guys.

• i wish that were the case.

• It is.

What Girls Said 8

• In my opinion no girl is ugly or average, it all depends on how you present yourself. There can be two girls standing side by side, one the typical bombshell and the other a natural brunette. I guess it more depends on the guy, but if the brunette has an outstanding personality, while the bombshell has a bland and short lived one..I would go for the brunette. The bombshell might get the first attraction, but the brunette will get the happy ending because she'll keep a guy with her personality. Looks attract, but personality keeps the guy.

• You're right, it's rarely just about the inside. It IS difficult for regular/ugly girls to get guys, because (lets be honest) one of the first things that attract us to someone we have interest in are their looks. So if you're not the prettiest girl in the world you have to be a bit more careful when it comes to making a good first impression and telling a guy you like him. First try to get to know him better and let him get to know you better to show him even though your looks aren't the best, you're still a girl he can have a good time with. Then slowly try other things like flirting and touching him. Careful not to give off too much of a friend vibe, because that'll just confuse the guy. Good luck!

• I think girls have it just as hard no matter if they are pretty or average... every girl has insecurities about herself. Pretty girls might get asked out more and although looks are mainly what attracts people to each other - if you don't have a personality to go with it the relationship won't go very far at all!

• Of course pretty girls/guys have it easier, it’s physiological – we people can’t control it. It’s even been tested on babies – they’d rather look at pretty person than an ugly one. I don’t think I’m the most beautiful girl in the world but I don’t think that I’m the ugliest either, so for me it’s about finding a guy who isn’t into appearances – that’s the kinda guy I’m looking for. The guys who only go after pretty girls can have them! It’s also up to you, not to only go after pretty guys either.

• I would think pretty girls have it easier.

• Duh. lol

• After you become a doctor, your patients will respond more favorably to you than to an ugly person. You'll advance through the ranks faster.

• Very true, but I'd have to get there first, can't rely on beauty for that. Beauty and brains is probably ideal.

• Not every girl you may think is ugly may appear to every guy as ugly...I feel they have an equal with so called pretty girls because girls are girls. It doesn't matter most people want thier girl to took beautiful...Some guys would want a megan fox and think she is beautiful...so guys would want a amy wine house and think she is beautiful...and etc...people have choices of attraction...everything might as well be ugly (Well not really ugly but unattractive to some level)...because someone can always say they aren't atracted to it. We all have preferences.

• Average girls, on average, have better personalities and/or are smarter. So they have it better.

• pretty girls have it hard to. plenty of guys want to f*** them and be seen with them for ego reasons but that doesn't mean they actually care about them as a person. life isn't all sh*ts and giggles for pretty girls. I'd say pretty girls have it easier when it comes to ATTRACTING guys but other than that no. now CONFIDENT, CLASSY AND SMART girls usually have better dating lives as they don't get played as much and they don't put up with crap from a lot of guys, but looks doesn't really mean things will be better for you

the best thing an average/ugly girl to do is take care of her looks and make the most of herself and then carry herself with so much swag that others are fooled into thinking she's pretty lol. I've seen girls who are so-so looking but they dress nice, do their hair and have good personalities get a lot of guys and get good boyfriends. its all what you make of it. but you can't sit around 300 lbs and sloppy complaining that you have it so hard, you gotta make the best of yourself

• ^agreed with the first paragraph, beauty can be a blessing and a curse for sure