What is your fav style of weapon to use in a FPS (first-person shooter)?

I figured this ? would be a fun ? to add to GaG. :)

When it comes to FPSs, we all know everyone that plays them tries to find a certain weapon on the map that they prefer to use.

I'm curious...what is your favorite style of weapon to use in a FPS? Even if you don't play FPSs (or video games @ all to that matter), what style of weapon would you most likely want to use?

Please describe why you made the choice that you did. HAve fun. :)

P.S. I know the hardcore people will say "it depends on the map". Overall, what is your PREFERRED choice of weapon?

• Sniping (snifer rifle, etc.)
  • Automatic-firing (uzi, AK47, etc)
  • Single/dual semi-auto(s) (magnum, PP7, desert eagle, etc.)
  • Melee (ex. light sword in Halo, chainsaw-bayonet in Gears of War)
  • Explosives/AOE (area of effect) weapons [ex. gernades, rocket launcher, "plasma field" weapons]
Ah dammit...I forgot to add the "shotgun" to the poll. How did I forget to do that when the shotgun in my favorite? :-X

If you want to vote SHOTGUN, vote it under option "E".
For "burst-fire" rifles & accuracy-based rifles like the M16...that would be under "B"
CORRECTION:

For "burst-fire" rifles & accuracy-based rifles like the M16...that would be under "A"

Most Helpful Guy

• In counter strike I like to use my field knife when ever possible. Why?

Why not, it takes a lot of skill to dash and ambush your prey and stab him in the head for a one hit kill, "You just got PWNED muthafooka" it's also demoralizing to the other team and fun for your team. And of course the victory teabag on the enemies face is always appropriate in these circumstances.

Total knife PWNAGE FTW (for the win)

What Girls Said 4

• sniper rifle for distance shooting and melee weapon like the katana in L4D2 when taking out a bunch of zombies at one time hehehehe

• Gravity Gun. :X

• The "gravity gun" I would consider an AOE...so please vote "E". :)

• katana :D

• Shotgun *____*

• Did you vote appropriately for your weapon choice? (read my update)

What Guys Said 12

• Depends on the game. I love the sniper rifle in Half-Life: Opposing Force. I kicked so much ass with it.

• In Black Ops, I'm a boss with the tomahawk. I walk around the corner and BONG, right in the face. "Humiliation"

• 1.) Flamethrower. I instantly remember meme "KILL IT WITH FIRE".

Sadly, in most games flamethrowers suck hard in comparison to other "big guns"

2.) Minigun. When I use it, I look like this: link

• Flamethrower imo is considered AOE...so please vote "E". 8-)

• Weird bug sometimes happens on GAG: voted "E", site accepted vote as "A".

Democracy %)

• Sniper whenever possible, but shotgun when going into a loaded zone.

• I forgot to add the shotgun...now I'll add an update for people to vote for the shotgun under option E. :-P

• Some thing quick but still powerful. In Black Ops, that would be the Commando with the red dot sight and an extended mag. Or I use the AK-74 with red dot and quick fire. OR I use the FN FAL with extended mag and red dot sight lol. And with whatever, I use the Makarov with extended mag as a sidearm.

The AK47 has a lot of kick to it, and takes forever to reload but it's OK on some maps. I also have my sniper class reserved for a few maps too :) But I only play with my buddy at his house.

• Going to go old-school on this and say the BFG-9000 from "Doom".

• Vote "E" for that one, dude. I completely forgot how awesome that weapon is. 8-)

• Silenced SMG for when I wanna stay quiet and if I'm looking for trouble I'll just use an unsilenced one lol... shotgun sometimes too.

• 5 stars.

• just a knife you know, because we all know you run faster with a knife

• automatic

• Halo's Battle Rifle (3 Shot Burst)

• That would count under "B", so if you didn't vote, please do so. 8-)

• Dammit...i meant "A" (with all the other rifles)

• Okay, that makes more sense

• What about accurate regular rifles like an M16? Should I vote A?