How can I hide cuts on my legs?

I've been trying to quit cutting, but I had a bad day a couple of days ago. I snapped and didn't want to take it out on anyone, so I cut my legs, one on each. The cuts are both a few inches above the ankle of the leg they're on. The scab came off on one from my dog, so it's red, and the other is b/w pink and red. Someone has been pressuring me to show them my legs, told someone, and they're gonna check them in a few hours. I can't leave where I am. I can take makeup from someone else who's here and put it back, but that's all I have. How do I hide the cuts?

They saw the cuts, so I lied about it. Thanks for the help though.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a friend who used to cut her ankles. To cover up the scars, she:

1) Made bracelets and tied them around her ankles. Or, if you can't do that, you can:

2) Get concealer (make-up) and then put it on your scars to make it sink into your leg. Then get pens and texta's and draw patterns and pictures all around the scars, making it even less noticeable and drawing attention to the patterns and pictures and not the scars.

3) Or, you can say that you were itchy and accidently scratched yourself.

4) You could also wear high socks and fold them just above your scars and then let them check the rest of your legs, acting calm and normal like you know that they won’t find anything. Don’t try and convince them that you didn’t cut, as you’ll make them suspicious and check everywhere. Just let them look at your legs above your scars with the socks just covering them.

Other than that, I can't really think of anything else. Hope it works out for you.

What Girls Said 5

• Are they checking for the cuts? I used to cut on my upper thighs and when my mom started checking me, I moved to my stomach...

My suggestion is to wear high socks. Or band-aids if that isn't what they are looking for. I don't think there is any way to really hide them if that is what they are looking for. If you have someone who checks you, when you have a bad day, change your location?

I know how tough it is to recover from cutting. If you ever want to talk to anyone, I'm more than happy to talk or just to listen.

• long pants or high socks? or since they are on your leg just leave them and if anyone asks say you fell in a rose bush or something depending on what exactly the cuts are like. As someone who used to cut quite recently I found the less attention you pay to the cut the less attention other people do.

• I FOUND OUT THAT IF YOU GET A BOTTLE OR A CONTAINER AND MIX COCO BUTTER LOTION AND BABY OIL TOGETHER AN APPLY IT HOURLY THAT IT REALLY HELPS IF YOU ARE TRYING TO GET RID OF A SCAR, FOR SCARS ONLY, DO IT AS SCARS START APPEARING , IT WORKS I TRIED IT

• a little foundation would help tons.

• tube socks?

What Guys Said 1

• Wear pants.

• They're gonna check up to my knees.

• People you met a little while ago are going to be searching your legs for cuts? Odd ...

• Sorry, a few months ago. We argued a while ago, and one brought some doctor, so I don't know one. My fault.