Is it weird that I'm sexually attracted to my aunt( my moms sister)?

when ever we are at family parties I feel like there is sexual tension between us but she has a husband and kids. I was just wondering if it is just too weird and I should just completly stop thinking about her in that way.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends, is she good looking? :D

When I was a kid (about, what, 9?) I thought my aunt was good looking, and she used to coddle (spoil) me. I wouldn't call it "sexual" per say, because my mind didn't really think that way, but I did like being with her, near her, etc.

I'm 29 now, and whilst there's no sexual attraction, there's still a weird feeling being near her that is almost like being near an ex.

-------

I can imagine that, in other circumstances, the feelings I had could grow into a sexual attraction. So I won't say it's "weird or gross", because I can understand how it could come about. It is inappropriate though.

You have to options.

1: Live with it

2: Train yourself out of it (cognitive behavior therapy).

If you can live with it, and don't see it as an issue, then so be it. But given you've asked the question, I'd imagine you probably want to stop feeling that way. CBT can work, but it'll take soe time.

You're not alone.

---

Oh for what it's worth, one of my neighbours is a 20yr old university student, and she has an 8yr old nephew. If that kid grows up and DOESN'T have a crush on her I'd be surprised (she's cute as a button).

What Girls Said 3

• ummm yes. haha

• i am sorry but yes lol.that is a little weird, just because I'm thinking of my brother having sexual feelings for my aunt.omg! :S lol.just try to keep your mind on other things when you're around her lol.play video games?! maybe try walking around with ur eyes closed when she's there haha jk.but yah def not right, srrrrry

• That is weird. I wouldn't confront her about it because that would just ruin you're relationship. If you aren't attracted to other girls you will get over this quickly. You propably just like her as your aunty and are just being a little confused with you're emotions.

What Guys Said 5

• i am also feeling the same as my step mother love me so much she always call me her son only i am also love him more than my mom
    i always want to sit next to her and want to sleep with her but not think about going to sex with him but always want to be with her i love her so much when because of this thoughts i have so many misunderstanding with him but i know i was doing the wrong thing but i don't know how to deal with it pls anybody helps me i can't share this with anyone that's why i post here even i think of suicide as i thinking wrongly about the person who love me so much plssssssss guys suggest any help

• Nah Mate that's wrong

• so weird, next time when you fantasize about her think of her as ur mother.

• Its not so weird if its your moms younger sister. Its not weird to have theose feelings people get like that if the person is attractive. I once liked this girl I knew at schools mom. But what would be weird is if you told her or acted on it. But having those feelings isn't weird.

• Yeah, that's completely weird. Creepy, I might add.