Short hair is a complete turn off?

A lot of guys are saying that they prefer long hair, but I sort of got it both. My hair is to my shoulders in front, but in the back its REALLY short and gets a little longer at the top. I saw my friends making weird faces when I turned around and some even said that I look like a boy from behind (even though that doesn't bother me). Some think it's really cool and different and others just doesn't get it. But I don't know what guys think about it, so what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• You chose an intricate style, right? As such, your hair reflects you, right? So naturally, if they don't get the hair, they ain't gonna get you. Doing something like this doesn't hinder your target audience, merely markets you to a better suited crowd, get me? F***selectively ;)

• yeah you're right I did chose it because I thought it matched me, but it just also feels like I'm like scaring a lot of people away by being different

• hah it's good that you were able to "borrow" one, it's sound like you're an interesting person :)

What Guys Said 11

• It looks good.

Between your hair and piercings, you are going to scare off guys who don't like alternative girls, and attract those who do.

For those that do, I'd say that haircut + navel piercing is hot.

The cartilage piercing still makes me wince, but whatever ;)

• Most guys prefer long hair, but short hair does look better on some girls. Short hair can look better on one girl, but worst on another. So, short hair might look better on you. Experiment.

• No, it's not.

• haha you're a rocker! your hair is supposed to be crazy! rocker dudes would probably dig you. my hair is down to the middle of my back. but I keep it clean. haha. rock on.

• I'm a rocker? ha ha then I'm just missing some rocker guys to fall in love with XD

• nice I play Ibanez 7 strings. my cousin plays their custom 6 strings. you look like you have a rocker look. and if its part of your persona, then you're a rocker. haha.

• haha, nice, Ibanez is great :P I suck at playing guitar, but I really love it though... just gotta pratice some more, yay

• Most of the people that say they like it are either into being "different" or are just being nice. Unless the boy is grunge, heavy metal, skater, or into cultish type of things then surely 90 something % of guys would want you to look nice enough to go out to eat at a nice restaurant or take you home to mommy and daddy without them flippin out later because you just brought home Cindy Lauper circa 1987.Most guys(real men) are not looking for a punk hair(skater etc) doo in a woman.

• I see, But I'm not really any of those types, slightly alternative some times, but besides that I look complete normal. :P but I'd like to be different from others

• I inferred that real men do not want teenie bopper rebel against society harcuts or looks. If I wanted that I would go back in time and be with the punk girls in high school(lol there may have been 3). If you think in ten years she will not be a little more conformed with society then you are sadly mistaken. Being a sheep in society is a whole different and painstaiking topic but most of us do it to make our lives easier. Artists are lucky and can get away with it much more. :)

• Lol, alright, your right about that for the most, I agree with you about the whole dreary 'rebel against society' thing, but inferring it so crudely and absolutely still merits a -1 from me

• i prefer longer hair but as long as you're not bald or really short I wouldn't care.

• I loveeee short hair on girls, looks hot! (if done correctly)

• I think short hair can look really hot on girls, even the "boy cut" styles.

• I love short hair on girls so I have no problem with it.

• No... Some girls can really pull off short hair depending on their face shape.

• I like your hair a lot if it's like it is in the picture.

• it is, but it's "normal" in the front, but different in the back and that is the part that you can't see :) but thank you

What Girls Said 3

• You can never please everyone so you might as well please yourself. There will always be some guys who love short hair and some who hate it.

• I have an A-line hair cut and it suits me pretty well. I've gotten compliments from many guys about it. You're all good.

• That's nice to know, I think my haircut is almost the same as yours ;)

• I use to have a hair cut that looked exactly like this. link

I met a lot of guys who absolutely loved how short it was and how it looked on me. If you love it, that's all that matters. You will find guys that will love it and guys who will hate it.