Do first impressions really make a difference (in terms of attraction)?

Do guys really care for first impressions, for ex. in a college class. First day you meet, the girl is dressed down or in sweats not dressed up. You're not going to be attracted or as attracted. But when she dresses up later on do you care or are you not likely to be attracted to her even after she changes her appearance or dress? I hope that makes sense. Basically, do first impressions count the most?

Most Helpful Guy

• what the first anon girl said is complete crap look how many question are on this site are guys asking how they are falling for girls they are friends with etc

i went to a cathlic school and we had to wear uniforms same for girls and guys, now these uniforms hid a lot of a girls body. this one girl I thought was only average at best and was extremley flat eventually the day came when we could donate to charity and not wear the uniform. this girl who I thought was average at best sudenlly became hot. I was sudenlly interested in her so I wouldent worry to much about first appearnces thing I found is they are never good

What Guys Said 3

• first impressions are very important for me I usually make my mind up very fast about people. in general they are very important. also "First day you meet, the girl is dressed down or in sweats not dressed up. You're not going to be attracted or as attracted" this is generally true

• Not really. I never remember first impressions in terms of appearance; what I DO remember is the initial attitude of the person. If when I meet a girl for the 1st time she behaves stupidly, that impression will stick for a long while. Conversely, good conduct like being polite or friendly will also influence how I see her in the future.

• Think about 5 or 10 people in you life right now that really matter to you. How many of them can you even remember meeting for the first time? Of those, how often is that first meeting the defining moment you think of when you think of that person in your life?

What Girls Said 2

• Haha I met my boyfriend in a college class that I was always running late to and hated so half of the time I had messy hair and sweatpants/sweatshirt on; when we would study late at night I would come wearing my pajamas or sweats...I normally dress in more flattering clothes and don't look like a slob...but he started trying to get to know me before ever seeing me look decent so I don't think it matters that much

• Guys ONLY fall in love with first apperances. ONLY. You never heard of a girl "growing on" a guy, have you?

• It can happen if the girl suddenly becomes hotter.

If her looks stay the same then no.

• people have grown on me male and female