Why do girls on this site pretend that looks don't matter?

Is it because these girls are ugly, which means they don't care about looks? If personality is most important to you girls, why is it that the good looking guys always get flirted on, and asked out randomly at school/work/college?

I have to say that looks are extremely important to me, if the girl doesn't appeal to me visually I would never date her. Screw you if you think I'm shallow. Most people say that looks are something you can't control, and are born with. So is personality! Who are we to judge someone on the way they act, or their manner? Your shallow for thinking personality matters most.

Either way your 'shallow'. We are just programmed to be attracted to positive traits such as good looks, or having a good personality (which shows good mental health) so our offspring will be healthy genetically.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hahaha I love your honesty, but really I think both matter but personality is more important when you are in a relationship,maybe for flirting and date whise people value more looks, but it gets to a point where you need to give more

• Holy sh*t, you look like a model.

• Extremely attractive ones.

• I have to agree, irina you look beautiful, like a hollywoodactress *hands down*

What Girls Said 11

• hahaha, I LOVE the way you started this question! :)

For me, I care about looks A LOT, but up to a certain point.

I mean there are so many hot guys, who I could stare at for hours, but the moment they open their mouth, I'm halfway out the door. They're hot.. and that's just about it. Because the only thing that comes out of their mouth is gibberish.

Same thing goes for ugly guys, who are sweet. I appreciate their sweetness towards me, but come on.. I mean Screech from Saved By The Bell was sweet, but he looked like a hobo! And no one ever dated him.

I could never, ever, ever, eveeer date a ugly guy just because he has a 'nice personality' it's not his personality that I have to look at when he kisses me, I just see his ugliness.

I prefer a cute guy, not necessarily extremely hot, but cute with a great personality. And don't tell me these guys don't exist, they do.. cause I've already met mine!

I really don't care if you think I'm shallow, so be it! It's not like any of you know me in real life.

• What do you mean by gibberish? I'm pretty sure everybody can talk normaly.

• Hmm, by gibberish I mean they talk about dumb things. They don't seem to have an opinion about anything, and just go with the crowd.

• If I genuinely like a guy, I can always find at least one attractive thing about him, and the longer I'm around him, I find more and more things about him that I love.(: I can't speak for everybody but looks aren't THAT important to ME personally. Really, the thing I'm not attracted to (other than bad personalities) is bad hygiene. If you don't wash your hair/brush your teeth/do some type of physical activity how do you expect me to want to get to know you better? If that makes me shallow so be it..but it's easy to fix. OK I think that's it lol.(: Oh and why are you anonymous?

• To be perfectly honest, I would never walk up to a guy I didn't find attractive. However, it takes more than looks to make me stay. I've met good looking guys who were complete a-holes. I would never date them. The guys who I have gone out with were attractive, but they also made me laugh and we had so much in common.

• hey I totally agree. I'm not going to fake the funk Looks totally matter. physical appearance is what leads to more detailed parts of a relationship.I only want to date tall athletic guys. It's personal preference and everyone has that. I think that when a lot of girls say looks don't matter they mean that it should not be the deciding factor on whether a guy will talk to a girl or make a move on a girl. Looks should come into affect on any decision making process with dating but letting that be the sole decider of whether you will date someone or not is wrong. I am very shallow. I don't want to date anyone shorter than 5'11. I don't want to date someone who is a muscular lacrosse basketball or soccer player. I want someone who has nice clothes. All these things are created in our minds as a standard setter. Everyone has standards it's what you(over the years) have come to like about people over the years and when dating someone you want them to model your perfect person.

• thats a little steroetypical your stereotyping all the girls on this site and I do think looks are important but sometimes other things can be more important

• Well, your deffinatly not ugly lol. Mabey good looking girls hold looks more highly then not so good looking girls.

• thankyou :) yeah maybe

• I ditnt read you whole thing but your under 18, looks matter when your under 18 purely because we think that any guy will be nice to us, like the movies hahaha! when we are older and the truth comes out, looks don't matter, its just a huge bonus to get a hot guy :)

• a lot of girls on this site are either ugly themselves or awkward/nerdy around guys so they are being realistic about the kinds of guys they can pull. they will settle for an unattractive guy and they feel intimidated by good looking guys.

• Seems kindof true ahahha...

• We all just want the best mate... personally and looks matter. Yet we are evolved enough to tip the scales. To some looks are more important, to others personality and yet to more they are equally important... I can go on forever but you get the point " it's all subjective".

• I think both matter. Is that shallow? So how is this a question is you're proving people wrong before they answer it?

I need to be equally attracted to the guys looks and personality. But I've dated ugly guys and I've dated jackasses. I think the shallow part is that you would give someone out of your standards a chance.

• no one is pretending looks don't matter. everyone knows it does. but it doesn't matter than much. don't get those 2 confused...as you clearly are

• They matter to me. But so do other things...like humor and intelligence. BTW, I'm single because of this. Most girls know that we can't always date who we find attractive.

What Guys Said 2

• lol they don't say that here, what are you, from yahoo answers or something?

• what you don't seem to understand is this women do care about looks but its only intially really. after that first meeting actually happens it comes down to more personality. if your a betlooking guy her impression of you is that much better to start off with because all she has to go on is your looks at first. so to answer your question looks matter short term not so much long term dosen't matter how good looking you are if she an't stand being around you