Today's society has an obsession with perfection that is unattainable!

And people, especially young women, suffer for it. Too many people have these unrealistic expectations of perfection... humans are fearfully and wonderfully made... why taint it with some made-up perfection BS? Now it's time to hear your opinion...

Most Helpful Guy

• You're right. I hope this is all a fad and why get over it soon enough. It greatly affects the pool of women from which to choose. Most of the things they use to "perfect" themselves are unattractive and the fact that they are so insecure that they are willing to have surgery and drop a lot of money for it is even more unattractive.

• Yep. Besides, perfection can be pretty damn boring. "Imperfections" can imbue an awful lot of character (hint: most guys like character. We don't want our girls to look like they came off an assembly line.)

• Don't know why I put "why" in there. It should be "we."

Anyway, yeah I agree. Those features that they don't like about themselves can be quite endearing. Call me crazy, but I like variety. Unfortunately, we'll have to wait until celebrities get done with it first.

Oh and thanks for best answer.

What Girls Said 5

• well, how would the cosmetic surgeons and magazines make their millions if they didn't create, then play on our insecurities? I'm with you, like what you have otherwise you'll never be happy. as for young women, it's pretty much always been this way, whether she was a fair maiden with yellow hair and perfect teeth from 200 years ago or whether her breasts aren't big enough or stomach not flat enough in today's terms.

I say it's all bollocks, we're only on Earth once, don't waste it looking back or wanting to be someone else. My opinion: I'm stunning, nothing needs fixin' on this bitch :O)

• Perfection for me is cute,smart, outgoing girl-next-door. Barbie is blah.

I don't like being part of the norm so I will not participate in the media's and society's version of "perfection". Beside, I'm pretty sure animals can't tell the difference, hahaha.

• and they all stem from guys and what guys want in girls

• Guys are visual...

• Better is always better. It's all about getting the best resources. In this case, the resources are the most desirable guys.

What Guys Said 3

• I actually like it when women have some flaws, and women who are too perfect kind of turn me off because they appear fake and high-maintenance.

• True. I don't envy young males today. At all.

• They are want best which they wanted.