Do blazers look masculine/unattractive on women?

I'm trying to class up my work wardrobe as I recently got a promotion. Do blazers look masculine on a woman? My measurements are about 35 28 36 ... so am I too "up-and-down" to make a blazer look girly?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think blazers look great. If you are worried about it looking too manly on you, get one that has great tailoring. And some feminine details.

Get a flower pin or a nice feminine broach and pin that to the lapel. Take some ribbon or a pretty belt to cinch in the waist. Wear a nice blazer with a flowy summer dress, all of these are great ways to feminize a blazer. I would try some on in a store with a few different accessories and see how they look. It can depend on the styles too. Some may look more masculine than others.

What Guys Said 2

• If you're worried about looking too masculine, stick with skirt+jacket rather then trouser + jacket.

I think jacket + trousers should look okay on your body, but the trouser should be relatively slim, especially through your hips and thighs. 36" hips should look great, I hope you are not walking around in baggy sack-like pants.

And make sure you get it tailored. Find a (probably men's) alteration tailor, get the waist fitted to be close fitting but not tight.

• A 28 waist isn't so hot, though? Do you think I should stick to wearing open blazers or buttoned ones? I mainly wear cardigans now and can def. dress up wearing sheath dresses, etc. Just some blazers are pretty cute and I have a penchant for old fashioned brooches. Lol. Your thoughts, as a man?

• As a man:

35/28/36 is going to look pretty attractive to me. Fitted clothes on that body will look good, IMHO.

Are you worried about your waist? If so, buttoned is probably safer, or at least partially. I don;t know the rules for women, and I think they vary the cut more, on a men's jacket, if it has more then one button, the bottom button is almost never buttoned.

Men aren't interested in brooches, but if your butt looks good, I wouldn't hold the brooch against you ;)

• I was gonna ask if you were talking about a casual blazer or an office blazer. But I love blazers on women. They are one of my favorite clothing items on a woman. They look smart and sophisticated and imo they make a woman look sexy. But no, they don't look masculine/unattractive on women, well not to me anyway/ To me, it makes them look more attractive and adds that little bit of class to your image. But that's because I'm into intelligent and classy women.

What Girls Said 5

• Blazers are very sophisticated! not masculine at all. It looks very professional en even sexy (but of course that is not important at the office).

If you have a nice waist, button up looks great. If your waist is not much thinner compared to your hips, leave the buttons open or button half way up.

• These are good details! I've always wondered what looks the best...

• Not at all blazers used to be a big hit! You can find tons of outfits celebs put together with blazers on the internet! Good luck and congrats on your raise!

• Blazers are very cute as long as you don't pad the shoulders. Padded-shoulders is a no-no trend...but people still do it, I don't get it.

• Ha, ha! Yeah, there are some early 90's styles going around my office still!

• not at all. try a scarf to add some color to it f you're worried about that or some bright shoes

• omg I have the same measurements and I can't make mine look girlie but I haven't had mine tailored since I only wear it once a year but try leaving it open with a pink blouse underneath and maybe a long pearl necklace that's knotted? just get some girlie jewelry and lots of pink and other girlie colors maybe try wearing a pencil skirt and heels?