Scale of 1-10 (10=highest), how weird does your voice sound on a recorder versus how you hear your own voice?

Me and my ex-GF just went into a house that is supposedly haunted (I was more afraid of getting arrested for trespassing than seeing a ghost though).

Anyways, I used the voice recorder app on my phone so we could maybe hear the voice of a ghost or whatever, and when I listened to myself I sound way weird. I thought I kinda sorta sounded like John Travolta a little bit and have a heavier NYC accent than I originally thought.

I'd rate my voice an 8.5 on the scale because it sounds nothing like what I hear in my head when I speak.

Most Helpful Girl

• 6 to 7. My auntie always mistakes me for a man on the phone. Lol. Then again, she mistakes my brother for a girl and he has the most deepest voice I’ve ever heard... But, I do know what my voice sounds like as I've heard it recorded, on microphones etc a million times and I listen to it carefully when I talk because I like to control the way it sounds when it comes out.

• Yeah, I've actually been working on pronouncing my R's and TH's and whatnot because those are sounds that I mess up. In the voice recording I heard that I pronounced my R some of the time (still said things like hee-uh), but the accent was still pretty thick.

• I just control it because I'm bored. Lol.

What Girls Said 13

• probably a 6 or 7. I know my voice is kinda soft and velvety, and it has the same 'texture' in recordings and whatnot. but the sound of the voice is different...if you know what I mean? like it's probably the same texture, but in a different intensity, so it comes off as slightly different in recordings.

• about an 8 or 9. I know I don't have a high pitched voice but when my voice get recorded I sound like a robot and on my sisters xbox live I sound so manly and yet when I hear my self speak it's far from sounding like that and I noticed my robot voice on a tape recorder in 8th grade in my drama class. Do you know what causes it to change out voices?

• I osund like a monotone person on a recorder, it doesn't even sound like me so I would say a 9

• I agree 8.5 my voice sounds wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy deeper and it annoys me people often even mistake me as my sister or mom.

• 9 I sound completely different and child like

• I'd say 7 or 8.

• 9, my voice sounds deep as hell. I don't like it at all.

• When I record my voice it sounds weird, I'd give it a 5

• Definitely a solid 8 or 9. It always surprises me that my voice is so... uh... manly.

• same here mine comes out manly and sometimes even robotic :/ don't know why though

• "But after three years when she was fifteen, then she become weak, her voice become deep: BORAT BORAT, eh, she receive hair on chest, and vazh?n hang like sleeve of wizard."

LOL ...first thing I thought of.

• Haha accurate.

• 9. Lol I hate hearing my voice on a tape recorder or anything like that. I sound so wierd. Lol

• 10, I sound like a 5 year old : (>

• 9, and my laugh is like a 10. I hate hearing my own voice.

• yeah, my parents make home movies and my voice is so childish and soft and that's not how I hear myself at all

What Guys Said 5

• mine sounds like a mixture of a stoner with a cack in his mouth

• I record myself fairly frequently and I still never really get used to it. I'd say maybe a 7-7.5ish.

• I'd rate my voice 7.313474348374

• 8 it sound way different than I imagine

• i'm a broadcasting student, so whenever I'm on radio or doing voice overs, & I hear my voice after my show I hear its really deep, especially over the phone