Are looks important?

Okay, so do you find looks important, whether you just hook up with the person or are looking to date?

And what do you look for in a girl/guy?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, looks are important. In dating, personality is a HUGE point, but if you aren't physically attracted to someone in any way, then I don't think a relationship would ultimately work out. In hooking up, I would assume looks are the most important because all you're doing is being physical.

In a guy I look for someone that can put up with me and will be willing to tell me when I'm wrong. I know I need that. I don't like guys that agree to everything I say. I like to fight my opinion, especially when I feel strongly about something. I look for a guy that has a passion and a drive. Also, the guy must like kids- not because I plan on having kids anytime soon, but, I think it says a lot about a guy if he doesn't like kids.

What Guys Said 3

• Like leach said, looks matter and if I wanted casual sex they'd probably be the main thing I'd be judging a girl on.

If I were looking for a relationship they'd still matter but less so, and other characteristics would be more important, like being able to have an enjoyable and easy conversation.

• looks are important to a point of some sort of attraction and personality bringing those characteristics out...

all preference. everyone is beautiful inside. its unfortunate that we live in a world depicted off television.

• oh so true, the media put so many expectations into our heads..

• yes they are

What Girls Said 2

• Looks matter and only ignorant people will make the claim they dont. I'd never sleep with someone I found physically repulsive and nasty. Who in their right mind would? I don't give a **** how *great* their personality is

• Very, but if I wanted a relationship I'd be more accpeting of what the person looks like.