Is a girl more approachable when she is dressed casually?

Are you guys more likely to approach a girl in a casual outfit (like jeans and T-shirt) than when she's more dressy (dress and heels)?

Most Helpful Girl

• it depends on where you are because you wanna dress for the occasion but I believe guys are less intimidated by casual dressed girls than they are dressy girls. a dressy girl looks more attractive and like she cares about what she looks like, which may translate into having higher standards and being more picky, which my translate into a higher chance of rejecting the guy...casual girls may look less picky and easy to talk to. which explains why when I'm dressed down I get talked to more than if I look nice. but then again it depends on the type of guy because men typically approach their female counterpart (sometimes!). if the guy is really stylish and has a lotta swag, he'll approach the girl that's swagged out and dressed up. if he's a basic casual guy, he'll approach the basic looking female

What Guys Said 3

• I guess it would depend on the location and occasion. Both styles are approachable.

• YESSSSSSS!!!!

• No it's her looks that make her approachable not what she wears

What Girls Said 6

• Great question. In my opinion guys approach me more when dress up because it's well a party or something like that so you expect some approach...as with jeans and t-shirt it's an everyday thing so it doesn't happen much...

So I guess the occasion is more important than the dressing, so maybe you should ask in an everyday situation or at a party so the context is the same :)

• Well they probably wouldn't approach if you look wayyyyyy too good for them.

• Ya she isnt

• No I get approached less when I do

• Id say casual when I dress up I get called a slut not nicely approached

• probably. that why she doesn't seem like a princess type