Why is curly hair or short hair A BIG turn off for guys?

I keep hearing that girls with curly hair or short is a turn off, but guys need to understand NOT ALL girls look good with long or straight hair!

so guys would you turn down a girl just because her hair isn't long or straight? Is hair really necessary?

Most Helpful Girl

• It is not a big turnoff. Who told you that? I doubt any guy would not date a girl because of short hair or curly hair by itself, that would be a pretty specific fetish if a guy only dated girls with long and straight hair.

We all tend to be attracted to someone who overall is...attractive. If long hair is unappealing on you, don't wear it. However, if you have a short hair cut that does not flatter you or makes you appear maybe masculine, rather than cute, you may have a problem.

I have had very long hair and I have had very short hair. I have worn looks in between. Some of my looks were more appealing than others. When I had my hair very short it was a super cute look and I had guys approach me, no problem. My hair is long now but my fiance saw a pic of me with short hair and he was really in to it. You will only create a self-fulfilling prophecy if you continue to believe your hair is holding you back from meeting guys.

What Guys Said 7

• I like curly hair. Especially when it's big.

Observe:

link

link

link

But unfortunately, I'm not a huge fan of short hair. It's not going to make me any less likely to approach a girl if her hair is short. I just find longer hair more aesthetically pleasing.

• I agree with most people of the people who say it just depends which looks better on you.

I've had many friends who have changed lengths/styles/etc. Sometimes the change is good and sometimes it really isn't. It just depends what works for you.

As far as a big turn off for guys. I wouldn't try to stereotype it as being a turn off for all guys. I think the best quote is here is probably "to each their own." Everyone has their own preference/ style, or who knows it could even be some sort of crazy fetish thing they don't realize.

Just wear your hair how you like/want it and you will find someone who finds it just as pretty and sexy as you find it to be.

You can't expect everyone to share your taste but I'm sure there will be some who do.

• Bull sh*t! I like Curly hair a lot more then Straight hair and I know many a girl who looks stunning with short hair.

• I think it's girls who fuss over having curly hair, every girlfriend I've had was naturally curly. And no matter how much I told them I preferred natural, they always eventually went back to straight.

Some women look amazing with short hair, most don't.

• Short hair looks awful for a girl (please stop trying to look like dyke), but I am completely fine with curly hair (Depending how curly hair looks on you it could look great)

• its not when I see curly or short hair on most girls I find it hot

• No. But of course hair is necessary. I wouldn't date a bald female unless there was a medical reason for it out of her control.

What Girls Said 8

• MOST WOMEN straighten their hair or cut it to make it more manageable or because they think it's unattractive.. Men are simply not accustomed to seeing curly hair anymore... When more women start leaving their hair curly I can guarantee men will start warming up to it.

• My hair is short and curly and my boyfriend doesn't have an issue. Sure he'd rather me with longer hair, but it's not that big of a deal. There are also girls that look better with shorter hair...like Rihanna for example. You just have to find a hairstyle that you like and that fits you. Don't worry about what other people think and you'll find a guy that's into you. :)

• Your hair is suppose to be your beauty, nothing states that long or straight hair is the be all and end all. There are loads of women that need to make there hair their main attraction because they are not at all attractive so the hair being long can disguise most peoples facial features (and tons of make up). I've seen several women with really short hair cuts but these women have really beautiful facial features and they obviously knew that when they took the courage to cut their hair really short. My hair is naturally curly and I love it, plus I always get complimented about my hair. I think that the guys in the UK consider the full package of a female, such as her overall looks.

• Erm, I don't think anyone turned me down for having curly hair so far...I don't think it really matters, as long as you have some

• I say wear your hair however you want to wear it! If a guy can't see past the way your hair looks, is he really even someone you want to be with? If a guy doesn't want to date me because he has issues with the way I style my keratin, to heck with him! My goodness it's JUST HAIR.

• Hair is important, but as logn as it looks good on you I don't think they care. It's just in general they prefer long hair and etc.

• im with you on this one girl! I have thick ringlets and all I get is "image how long it would be if it was straight? I'm like it s meant to be curly for a reason it suits me better . who knows?

• it's not. look, if it looks cute for you, then they'll love it. hair isn't isn't the turn off, it's hair that does NOT work for your face.