Guys look but don't touch?

I have noticed a lot of guys don't seem to look directy at me or make direct eye contact with me, especially when they are close to me. Also they don't tend to approach me a lot but they sometimes look over at me. I am worried that I am unattractive to them, I thought I was quite pretty but I'm never approached ever! Do you think it is beacause I'm unattractive/ugly? I'm not that confident so could never appraoch a guy myself. its just I see girls being approached all the time so wonder what is wrong with me? I do smile at people and that so I don't think I'm giving of a bad vibe well I hope not anyway, and I can't imagine why anyone would feel intimidated by me. Why do you reckon guys don't approach me? What reasons do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe they feel awkward because you are so pretty? guys don't feel awkward around ugly girls.. they are friend-material, it's usually very attractive girls that make guys feel awkward.. Are you very quiet, because guys can feel awkward around really quiet/shy girls.. just be yourself and relax and don't be nervous or anything

What Guys Said 3

• Are you by your self or with friends? It one thing to talk to a girl, but a bigger step to talk to that girl when all her friends are there ready to rip on you.

• lets see a pic :-)

• Some girls have the "already taken" look, which is hard to describe.

Others just don't look like they're in what I call "mating mood"; I know it sounds vulgar but it's true. They appear to be thinking of something else entirely, who knows. Some girls have a knack for displaying the I'm-up-for-grabs attitude, which makes guys believe their approach would be welcomed. Others don't really send this vibe, and look like they're possibly waiting for their boyfriend to arrive.

What Girls Said 1

• I have the exact same problem. :/ I hear a lot of guys say it's because the girl "looks like she's taken already". But if it gets to a point where it really starts bothering you just approach a guy for a change..there's nothing wrong with it. (: