Are you looking for a soul mate?

Are you looking for a soul mate in life? (you may have even found yours!)

• Yes.
  • No.

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe you find a person that works well for you, but not soul mates. I don't believe in fairy tales anymore.

What Guys Said 7

• You'll have more than one soul mate in life (shhh, that's NOT a secret!).

Soul Mates by Thomas Moore is a great book about this topic.

And, yes, I am always looking for people of similar viewpoints and perspectives, but I'm also interested in people with what appear to be opposing opinions on the surface, even though we're all pretty much the same (shhh, that's NOT a secret).

• I never understood the idea of a soul mate, it sounds too idealistic and only comes across as cheesy.

I'm just looking for a woman to enjoy life with, preferably with similar values and interests.

• I don't believe in souls.

• In a sense, yes. I do really want to find that one girl I connect with just so well and feel so strongly for as she for me.

• Kind of split.

• No. The idea of a "soul mate" is asinine, and furthermore, damaging to relationships. People who are looking for soul mates often let perfectly good relationships with mutual love and respect dissolve simply because they're looking for that "perfect someone." There is no perfect, there are no soul mates; the best you can do is accept people for who they are, and find somebody that you can love and loves you back, who has enough in common with you that you can stay with him or her for a long time.

• No I'm waiting for a good looking woman that has saved herself for marriage

What Girls Said 5

• I am looking for my soul mate I guess you could say. That person that will want to spend the rest of their life with me and vice versa. I want someone who I can feel open to talk about stuff with and who I know won't judge me or make me feel like I have to change any part of myself to suit them. I think I have found him though, I really hope that the guy I am with is the soul mate :)

• I wasn't looking for one. Well I always hoped I'd find mine, but who can say for sure if they even really exist. All I know is if they do exist I'm pretty sure I've found mine :)

• not in a designated sense. but kind of by default because you accidentally are perfect for each other. I don't believe in that & I even pushed away a guy I wanted to spend my life with.. its just that I ran into it. so I can't really say I don't believe in a deep soul-deep love,

• All the time. :)

• Yeah, I wish to find a life partner/companion :)