When I look in the mirror, I don't see what other people see when they look at me?

I started putting on weight in middle school and have just graduated from high school. Over my 4 years in hs I have lost 35lbs. I now weigh 135 but I still see the fat girl. I also don't see myself

as pretty. People tell me I'm beautiful, but I just don't see what they see. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Most Helpful Girl

• i wasn't a goodlookign child when I was young...i was tanned & scrawny & I looked like a malnourished village girl. my mother's friends used to make fun of me and said that I'd grow up with no guys liking me LOL. so when people compliment me now I realize I do not really believe them because I don't see what they see. the only thing that helped me to get over it was forcing myself to take it easy and accept compliments with a big smile and a thank you, and then when I'm looking in a mirror, all I try to do is just to make sure I look my best, for myself. I don't bother if I see what people see anymore.

What Guys Said 2

• i mean your self image will only change if you want it to... my case I put on charades and masks to please everybody and everybody likes me, parents say they want their kids to be like me but the real me would make them cringe... so sometimes what's in the mirror is true and what people say are lies

• 135 is not fat, especially for 5'5 which isn't tall, but it's not short either. If people tell you that you are beautiful it's probably true, but I can't judge because I've never seen you.

What Girls Said 2

• i have been where you are and I know how hard it is to accept compliments and see what other people see. I think that it just takes time to realize your potential and your beauty I know it did for me. I still at times don't see what others see but I have come to just say "thank you" when people compliment me cause no one likes to argue and all that. and 135 is not heavy for someone who is 5'5. so just focus on trying to see what others see, focus on things you like about yourself and eventually it'll come to you.

• How tall are you?

• 5'5"

• don't tell her that, she may get anorexic

• Omg. I'm not going to lie to her. It's not like she's a bad body weight, but it's not a terrible thing to go maybe 5 lbs less.