What is the difference between a cute guy and a hot guy?

I have girls tell me that I'm cute but then I hear them say other guys are hot, is there a difference?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, cute is more approachable. A guy who is cute doesn't mean he's any less good looking than a guy who is hot, they're just two types of good looking-ness. A guy who is cute probably is probably a little more innocent in the way he acts or the way he looks. A guy who is hot most likely looks more masculine and has a more...idk what word to use other than 'manly' personality.

Personally, I go for guys who are more on the cute side. Hot guys are just not as fun. Trust me,

it's better to be cute than hot.

What Girls Said 11

• Zac Effron is cute.

Carlos Ponce is HOT

• as long as your not being called ugly, I wouldn't care lol!

For me, I call guys that I like for there looks and personality and general 'cuteness'...cute

Guys who just look good I call Hot.

Being cute is more important, personality is everything!

• A cute guy is attractive but not amazingly so. Normally in a cute guy he has a good personality and is more of a relationship type. While hot is more of a one date because he's a tool but very attractive.

• Cute is easy to talk to, with a good personality and just being fun and cute :)

Hot is hot, handsome! You think "DAMN, Yummy <3" when you see him

• cute= attractive face, nice personality.

hot= attractive body and usually face too.

• i use those words interchangeably.

• Well, I want to squish cute guys, but f*** hot guys.

• Cute is someone you would date. Hot is someone you would f*** on the first date.

• They are both attractive & a plus

• cute - awe :)

hot - ohh ;)

• alot of times cute guys have sort of a baby face or they're the shy type(not overly masculine/alpha) hot guys are handsome and have a great body and are usually more masculine. that's just a general rule of thumb though. neither are bad though just different types and if you're cute it makes you much more approachable to girls and less intimidating.

What Guys Said 2

• I've been called cute twice and hot once, and the girl that called me hot is one of the same ones that called me cute xD I think cute is better than hot though (:

• think in terms of women hot girls you would f*** all day till your tired of them. cute is something you would take out to dinner or to a movie and be in a relationship with. one is pureley physhical other is also personality/ mental not just physical