What smell makes you feel secure?

A strange one, but everyone has a smell they recognise as a source of security :P

A faint smell of old cigarettes, mixed with some wine and a campfire burning for myselfD:

Most Helpful Girl

• The one you mention is a familiar and much-loved smell for me too. I also really like this certain kind of incense because it reminds me of a particular time period, and my favorite smell ever is that honey smell of freshly cut hay that you catch on the wind sometimes. And I like the smell of cedar.

What Girls Said 7

• I find the campfire/fireplace smell soothing as well. I also love the way it smells when it's super foggy/misty, it's faint but I just find it really comforting.

• That sweet after-rain smell, when the wind is still blowing in the trees. It's luscious. :)

• It smells awful after it rains here. It sucks.

• Maybe it's not the location, maybe I just like the smell you consider awful, haha. :)

• Nah I think it is the location. It might be the gross body of water not to far from me.

• I just thought of another one!

That lovely new-book smell. :)

• Lynx spray ... old leather ... freshly washed clothes haha.

• The smell of a camp fire or bonfire, and the smell of lavender.

• when the concrete is wet with water :P

• Men's cologne;

Weird I know, but the males in my family always are wearing some type of men's fragrance (axe or old spice,)

I have four brothers and a dad who are very protective of me, so I always feel comfortable when I smell it because it reminds me of that security.

What Guys Said 5

• the old cigarette smell applies to me as well, I've been around smokers all my life tho.

• apple cinnamon or fresh linen. I don't know y

• The smell of my grandma.

• Sawdust. Good smell.

• You know that smell of new plastic when opening a video game? I choose that.