Why does your skin itch when you shave and the hair is growing back?

ok so the question above...and what can I do to stop the itching?

Most Helpful Girl

• Make sure you sterelize your razor. I used to get shaving rash a lot and it's not until I started soaking the razor in hot water with anti bacterial hand wish in it that I started getting less of a rash,also try find a shaving cream that prevents rash and that doesn't have alcohol in it,or fragrance because it can irritate the skin even more.Also try replace your razor at least every few weeks or so.Also after you have shaved,I find either a antiseptic cream,apple cider vinegar or dermaid cream helps as well.

What Guys Said 1

• I have this problem a lot. Basically what you have do is either put after shave. Or some type of lotion more likely being moisterizer. any other q's lemme know. Also you do use shaving cream right ?

• i use the right shaving cream...female stuff is more specific then mens so it's broken down to eith skin type or hair type and yes I'm talking about shaving cream and the aftershave only works for like the first 2 days moisturisers don't really wrk

• hmmh really? kk try puttin either baby oil or mustard oil. I guarantee it will wokr, I used to have razor burns when I would shave, but after puttin baby oil on after shaving they have stopped.

What Girls Said 5

• well because when it grows back it becomes more coarser and rough which causes it too itch.

• Prolly lotion

• try using coochie shaving cream but pure romance it works for me.

• i don't know why but it's really uncomfortable esp in the bikini area which is why I wax down there

• exfoliate the skin you shave a lot so it stays soft and the hair can grow back with out being stifled by old skin. I usually use baby oil and Nivea lotion after I shave; works like a charm no itching for me