Why do they make store mirrors that make you look fat?

so I went shopping today and noticed as usual those mirrors make me look everyone look fat even my friend who is a size 00 lol why would they do this? don't ya think having mirrors to make you look thin would get more sales?

Most Helpful Guy

• To put your mind at ease.

Cheap mirrors are crap, can be slightly bent, and may make you thinner than you actually are or fatter.

So, the moral of the story, spend big and don't worry about the price. Accuracy is what you're looking for. Not a cheap laugh from your siblings.

Have a nice day :)

What Guys Said 2

• It is because all glass is conave or convex...which means no mirror is exactly the same as you...it either makes you look bigger or thinner, and to different degrees...but usually the ones at the store make you look thinner to make thier customers think they look better.

• Maybe they make home mirrors to make you look skinny.

• i don't look fat in pics either so must be the store mirrors and like I said my friend whos a 00 looked huge! but she doesn't in real

What Girls Said 4

• Sometimes it depends on how close or far you are from the mirror and at what angle it is on. It's best to step away a few steps from the mirror to get a more accurate view. The mirrors can make you look fat I agree with you on that. It could be the way they were installed, or the fact that they have been in those change rooms for a while. Perhaps they are ready to be updated and the store owner hasn't had the time to do so yet.

• I don't think they do it on purpose. Its usually a combo of bad lighting (florescent lights can make anyone look bad) along with the mirror itself being dull, warped and just not good.

• I never noticed a difference between my mirror at home and the mirrors in stores. I look the same in all of them.

• hmm well I look normal in home/ school/ makeup/ and friends mirrors and somehow ever single store mirror I look like a sumo wrestler or somethin?

• Nooo...they don't do that. They're not allowed to :P

• ok not saying your wrong but since when do humans care if they are "allowed" to do something

• Hahahhaha veryyy truee. But I don't get it? Because shouldn't stores make their mirrors make people thinner?

• thats what I'm saying but they don't lol