Do guys really like lots of make up and flashy clothing?

My friends say that guys really only like and pay attention to the girls who wear loads of make up, really revealing clothing, and are more "easy".

I wear little to no make up, am quite modest, am really nice and a little shy.

My question is. do guys really perfer the tye of girls my friends say?

Most Helpful Guy

• my perfect girl doesn't even look like she's wearing make, its natural look, using make up just to perfect and take out bad bit of her facial look but I'm also into fashion so sometimes I like cool make up, up to date, but the worst thing in the world is too much make up, EWWWW! never please!

• Finally a guy that knows that make up is used to enhance features...........and just because a girl wears it doesn't mean she is automatically caking it on. thanks!

• I also work in beauty store lol

i doubt many guys know what concealer is lol

What Guys Said 8

• Men are just like other animals. We're attracted to shiny, colorful things!

That is a very short term attraction though, but if that's what you're looking for, the slutty look will work. If you're looking for something a bit more real, don't get all hung up on how to dress, just be yourself and you'll be fine.

• Personally I don't like a ton of makeup, but I've never met a girl who didn't wear some type of makeup. Foundation seems to be the thing that girls wear all the time.

The reason being is that it's not natural. I don't want to sound cruel, but I don't like it when a girl is super glammed up and then when she takes the make up off she is completely different looking. I prefer little to no makeup to be honest.

• the thing is flashy clothes and make up will get you noticed by everyone ... but that's obvious right? but then again most guys like the quiet girl sitting in the corner who no one is paying attention too because no guy wants the slutty girls. think about it if you don't stand out you won't get noticed that's why they dress like that.

• Thats really nice to hear! thanks. :)

• i hate when girls wear lots of makeup

i call them clowns no fense

but yea I would never go for girls who wear so much foundation

cause if they were that much makeup imagine how they look under all that cake?

and no I look at girls who have that glow of confidence

• It depnds of the guy mainly. I personally don't like either idea as it gives the impression that you're trying too hard.if you can't find someone who loves you for you (bad hair days and all *laugh*), then what's the point? I like my girlfriend the way she is.whether she dresses up and wears makeup (eg: her work Christmas party) or not.

• It depends on the type of guy your trying to get. If you want a guy who just wants a one night stand and then promptly dumps you go with what your friends are saying. Most guys like a girl who is natural.

• for me I like the NATURAL look. I don't want someone who wear thick foundation lol.clothing is more kinda like A&F lol surfer chick? that's hott.

• nah! loads of make-up make them look to much of a stuck up

What Girls Said 6

• It depends on the guy. Girls who wear a lot of make-up and wear revealing clothing at least look like they're easy and so guys who are only into girls for sex are more likely to go for those ones. But most guys would agree that just a little make-up and mostly modest clothing is what makes a girl more attractive and who they would consider for a real relationship. And don't ever change yourself to try to attract guys anyways! And especially to attract the wrong kind [i.e. the ones who are only looking for sex.]

• Okay so I don't agree with everyone. Just because you wear makeup doesn't mean your easy or slutty. Guys want girls who look nice and take care of themselves, and that includes wearing makeup. What's all this crap about OH NO MAKEUP BAD! If you know how to correctly put it on, it can make you look amazing, young, fresh, healthy and just enhance your natural features. But you can't just pile on foundation and crap if you don't know what your doing. And you don't have to wear a lot, just a little to amp up your look. Makeup is not a bad thing at all. I feel like nowadays women don't put as much time into their self appearance as they did back then. Back in the 50s and 60s women fixed there-selves up and looked absolutely gorgeous. I personally think women who don't wear makeup are just lazy. And some people do need makeup. Point blank. Just throw on a little blush, mascara and lip gloss and your good to go. Please don't associate makeup with being bad. It's a beautiful thing, if you know what your doing, and can give you soooo much confidence it's unbelievable.

Guys don't want fake plastics who aren't themselves, but makeup has nothing to do with being slutty or easy. I can go on forever about this, but I won't =p It just gets me so angry when people don't understand makeup.

So go ahead and wear some makeup and dress nice but classy and be yourself and you'll be good to go. Trust me.

Check out Youtube's makeup videos. They'll help you a ton.

• yah my guy like make ups I noticed he try to give me 20 bucks a week to keep for my make up..at first I was like what's the 20 for?he said I don't know,make up? so I got the hint,he wants me to buy make ups because that's pretty much on the buttom of my list to buy maybe he noticed.but thanksgod he love my black nail polish and my darker make up..it works I don't wear slut but I do wear what ever he suggest sometimes..like parties?you guys would love my man,cuz he likes taking me to buy dresses and accesorries.im not so much into because I'm a quiet girl in the corner type with my punk,but yeh we have to tend to what our mens wants us to look sometimes..in bed though pure slut no exceptions..

• i so not agree! having lived my whole life with my 3 brothers and their friends. I'm pretty sure that guys prefer a simple lady, who is not a "high-maintenance" type. these type of girls usually lasts in a relationship.

those guys who like women with heavy make up and revealing clothes are type who only wants someone they can go to bed with.

• They get more attention, but usually guys want them for sex. If you are pretty then you don't need that much makeup (unless of course you like a certain style) and you don't need to dress like you're easy to get attention.

• Very true! the type of guy that you wanna keep and most likely will keep is one who wants a girl who is confident enough to not wear that much make-up or dress in slutty clothing.

• your friends are very naive, my advice: never take fashion tips from them.

a guy only likes a ton of makeup and trashy clothing if he is looking for a trashy one-night-stand girl (or he has an unhealthy obsession with the 80s). you can wear makeup and still look healthy and natural, makeup is made to accent and enhance what you already have, not change the way you look. once I tried this new liquid makeup and it dried so thick that my boyfriend went and got a wash rag to wash it all off, he said it made me look fake and prefered I not wear any if that was all I had. as for clothes, you can be sexy without looking slutty, it just about what makes you look and feel good. men are more attracted to women with confidence (at least the ones worth keeping are). you should stay nice and modest (you can be modest with confidence). any guy that doesn't want you because you aren't trashy is not worth being with and you should count your blessings.