What would you get as a tattoo?

Let me start off by saying if you would never get a tattoo, don't bother answering.

IMO a lot of people jump the gun and get a tattoo without a good idea and it usually looks really douchey. Like people who are 1/4 Irish with no ties to their Irish roots will get an Irish tattoo. Or they'll get an overused quote like "Live life to the fullest."

I think I'd only get a tattoo of something that's defined me for most of my life. I'd probably get an American symbol, a Steelers logo, or a quote from the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I'd get in on one of my arms.

What would you get and where?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd get a set of 2/3 orchids to represent the bond between myself, my sister, and my best friend. They're probably the people who mean the most to me in life, and I'm beyond thankful to have the ability to know them. The whole orchid thing started as an inside joke and would take forever and a day to explain... I don't even know if I could properly describe it/put it into words haha, but overall, orchids have become something that I associate our bond with. Plus, it'd make a nice looking tattoo!

Another one that I would get, one that I could possibly combine with the first, is pretty simple. I just want the words Above & Beyond, which would represent a good amount of things for me. First off, the name itself is a trance/progressive (electronic music group) that really got me into the scene a couple years back, and they've helped me realize my passion for djing/music production even more. Not only this, but it's kind of like another way of saying, 'go big or go home,' which I tend to say pretty often. I really want to go far in life and believe that if you try ridiculously hard, it will pay off in some form or fashion. (ie, go 'above & beyond') My dad's done it with his life, so who says I can't do the same? So yeah, that's about it! Not sure where I'd put these babies (gotta stay classy, you know? haha), but those are the tattoos that I'd get (and might possibly get some time in the future :) !

• also, EDM (electronic dance music, it basically includes all of the subgenres of electronic music) has been such a tremendous part of my life and has partially made me who I am today. I love it so, so incredibly much that I'd love to have a tattoo that represents it

• Oh, and I completely agree about what you said about those overused/cliche quotes that people tattoo on themselves... I recently met a girl who had a couple of those (she might have actually had 'live life to the fullest' too, to make things even better haha); I was with a group of friends and we were all drinking, we then go on to ask her what all of her tattoos say and she couldn't even remember...! hahaha, that clearly shows how important/meaningful they are to her.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm getting a dragon with it's body wrapping around my upper thigh; for me the dragon symbolizes strength and represents imagination, as it's the most famous icon for fantasy; it inspires my artistic nature when I see them, and ultimately a part of who I am.

• I'm considering three at the moment: a heart behind my ear, a symbol on my wrist to represent my mother, and one of my favorite song quotes on my arm, along with album art.

• there's this gorgeous wolf tattoo I saw at the place where I got my nose pierced and as soon as I get the money I'm going back and getting it.2 wolves in front of a moon. and I'm getting it on my left shoulder blade on my back

• A quote or the Serenity prayer on my rib cage below the side of my boob

• A purple butterfly, because it represents my passed grandma, along with the butterfly it would have her birthday and death, on my shoulder blade and I will be gearing it :3

• I'd get a yantra tattoo.

• My husband is only 1/4 Irish and he claims to be totally Irish because his last name is "Murphy". Well and my last name is now "Murphy" but I'm 0% Irish.

And my husband's ex was 0% Irish, she was Hispanic but she got an Irish Tattoo of a 4 leaf clover on her upper arm.

:S

I mean it's what people like to get even if they aren't Irish and want to get one, I guess it's their choice and who is to say that it looks "douchey" if they liked it? Leave them alone. At least it is not a picture of their ex's pen*s or something like that.

• Four leaf clover isn't bad because there's other meanings attached to it. But there's a lot of people who are 1/4 Irish who suddenly become 100% Irish in college because the Irish are known for drinking. Or they're only Irish on Saint Patty's Day. I should have said that it's douchey when people get tattoos for the attention.

• i would get a tattoo of a lily (it's my favorite flower) and it would be on the left side of my chest (my boob)

What Guys Said 1

• I'd really like to get a pentagram and some other satanic symbols on my face, but good luck getting a job with those, am I right?