I feel like nothing makes a guy feel close to a woman than him liking her appearance?

It seems like the only way a guy has tender feelings for a female is because her looks stir some kind of emotion in him. There is no way to be close to men, because they don't seem to want to know you ... just to be happy that you look a certain way or else nothing matters that goes on between the two of you.

I guess the questio here is ... how to get past this understanding?

Most Helpful Girl

• There has to be some basic physical attraction between two people for things to really work, but that's not the only thing that matters, and I'd say generally, that's not what makes two people feel "close."

• I've never seen anything else matter to a guy ... Its hard to feel close to them when you don't find them physically attractive and that's the main reason they are with you? :S

• Because that's how dating works! A guy sees a girl he thinks is attractive, asks her out and then proceeds from there. The girl tries to get him to "grow on her" so she isn't single forever.

• that's ridiculous.

What Guys Said 2

• Looks attract in the beginning which is needed, but after that its about who she is as a whole

• I felt the same way about girls till I met my wife. She got me to talk to her about things I never have and it made us grow close very fast. Now the most attractive thing is that we are emotionally tied together and that's sexy tobe that close.

What Girls Said 2

• The thing that we (girls/guys) first notice is the physical appearence. Guys care more about appearences that girls. They need more time to get to know you.

• Ok, this is my problem? I don't usually like their looks as much as they like mine. But then, there isn't an emotional connection or anything either. So how to push on without a darn thing to go on?

• Take care of your appearance and look nice. you don't have to look perfect but look decent and make the most of what you have. Men are motivated by a woman's beauty and aren't gonna want to take the time to get to know an unattractive woman. Most of the time unattractive women are ugly because they're lazy and don't take care of themselves.

• I mean ... how to feel close to men when the only reason they want to be with you is because he likes how you look.

• Don't you think men are more entitled to a partner they find physically attractive, though?

• No, both people should get a partner they're attracted to. men pursue women they're attracted to and don't consider ugly women, but that doesn't mean you have to give a guy you're not attracted to the time of day. I won't go out with a guy I think is ugly, that's just me. a lot of girls don't see it that way but if I'm gonna sleep with you or get romantic I need for you to look good