My boyfriend attacked and raped me and I'm having a hard time moving on.

about 2 months ago my now ex boyfriend flipped out on me and beat me up pretty badly and raped me. he beat me so badly I was in the hospital for 4 days. he was arrested and will be being sentenced in a week. at any rate, I'm having a really hard time getting over what he did to me. I see the scars and I can't help but feel so ugly and worthless and used. any advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, try to talk to someone...someone you trust. Your beautiful no matter what happened, it was NOT your fault. Id suggest try to find a therapist, a psichologist if you feel like it would help you, but it can be anyone you trust...really. I'm sorry it happened to you, but it can happen to ANYONE. To me ,or any other girl out there. Once you realize it deep in your heart, you will know...what doesn't kill us,makes us only stronger. And I'm positive you will fight it and stay and become even a more amazing woman.

• Yeah..said it all...takes time...scars never leave completely..gotta do your best tho...for u...

What Guys Said 4

• You've been greatly traumatized. If you have not already sought treatment for rape victims you should so. The fastest way for you to overcome your trauma is to get professional help.

• I think you just need to get on with your life. He's going to be taken care of so just stay away from him and guys in general for a while. Maybe spend time with friends and don't dwell on what happened. I know easier said than done, but if there isn't an easy way.

• You shouldn't blame yourself! Why did he do a think like this? Guys can sometimes act bizarre for strange reasons (which a woman might not straightaway understand).

• What he did is mess up but don't let it get to you. be strong ull get through it

What Girls Said 5

• Like mostly everyone else has already suggested, I strongly encourage you to seek professional help. You went through a traumatizing experience, and it can help immensely to discuss it in a safe environment with a professional who has experience dealing with rape survivors or survivors of any sort of trauma. Perhaps you can find the nearest Rape/Sexual Assault Crisis Centre near you and ask to speak to a counselor, or if you can, have your family doctor refer you to someone. You can also search for one on your own, just make sure the place is legitimate. Do your research.

Just trust that with time and effort, you can move on and lead a productive life despite what happened. It might not feel like it right now, but it is possible for you to feel stronger after this. Just have faith, and a lot of patience.

If you ever need to vent, talk or anything, feel free to message me if you're comfortable doing so.

• Please tell me you reported him to the police! Don't let him get off the hook! Don't blame yourself...it's not your fault. I would talk to a counselor about it and be in the company of family and trustworthy friends right now. Maybe you can try attending support groups as well!

• When someone carries out such an act the aim is to cause you hurt, embrassment and to put you in fear. I would advise you to speak to a counseller, you need to talk to someone about the way you are feeling and how this has affected you. In my opinion a man who carries out such acts is a coward, if I was the president I'll bring in a law to castrate c@#ts like those rather then imprison them and let them walk around with no d***, legs and arms. But do seek professional help.

• The same thing happened to me, but he was fiance. There isn't really anything you can do, unfortunately. You just have to look forward and hope that the stars aren't really as far away as they seem.

• I'm sorry :) It's a traumatic experience that you had with this abusive ex so it's completely normal that you can't move on. Two months isn't enough for you to get over it. All I can say is please please don't think about what happened. Whenever it comes to your mind, get up and do something else. Go out, see your friends and family, get busy with school/work/classes, etc.. just occupy yourself with lots of things. You can also talk to a shrink if you can't control your feelings. I wish you all the best :)