How can I keep my lips naturally smooth?

I wear chapstick (the actual brand) everyday. The problem is that I want to stop wearing chapstick. I want to stop depending on it for smooth, soft lips but whenever I don't wear chapstick, my lips get all chapped and dry so, I was wondering how can I keep my lips naturally smooth and soft without the need of chapstick or any other type of lip balm?

Most Helpful Girl

• stay hydrated.

What Guys Said 1

• Something with Shea Butter in it, or just Shea Butter works really well.

What Girls Said 9

• Drink lots of water. That's the only natural way. It has to be at least 45 ounces a day. I'm an athlete so I have to drink 64 ounces a day to stay really hydrated, and I only use lip balm / gloss for color or glitz.

There's nothing else really for dry lips except chapstick, so drink up :D

• once or twice a week you can use a soft bristle tooth brush(or a kid one) and exfoliate your lips with petroleum jelly for a few minutes. it takes off the dry layer and softens your lips. Also use something better than chapstick that stuff is crap unless you're using it in the wind to protect your lips or something...sally hanson makes an overnight lip repair treatment that's like 10 bucks but it's worth it. it only takes it usually one or two nights to repair them.

• hydrate hydrate hydrate. exfoliate your lips with jojoba oil +sugar, then leave on vitamin E oil on your lips overnight

• Well, like everyone else said, water is essential. BUT you can also gently exfoliate your lips. The dry skin builds up and causes roughness and dryness. Exfoliate once a week and put on vaseline directly after. Leave it on while you sleep every night too so that your lips will get moisturized while you're sleeping. There you go! (:

• 8 cups of water everyday is essential for healthy skin, hair, eyes, lips, your kidneys, and basically everything else. TRUST ME. I drink 4 water bottles a day (8 cups) and it totally replenishes my skin and lips. Also, all the bad stuff in my body is flushed out of my system. At first you will probably be peeing a lot, but that's because your body is releasing all of the water it has been storing. When you don't drink 8 cups, your body will hoard the little water you do drink and cause bloating.

• Twice a week moist your lips with water and rub them a bit with a clean towel. Then put lip balm. =)

• with honey

• Dont lick your lips out in the wind, stay hydrated lol those are the only times I get chapped lips

• put petrolium jelly on for a few hours to soften up your lips, then scratch it off with your nails with pressure. that takes off the layer of dead skin cells. Then You put alitle more on for hydration.