So my wife is pregnant!!

But I'm not allowed to tell anyone about it (well in real life anyway), so I'd like some people on here to talk to about stuff. Pls talk to meeee!

Most Helpful Girl

• Congratulations! That's so wonderful. I know that you both will be so happy. This is such a joyful blessing. Enjoy this time and learn everything you can right now, without overwhelming yourself. You will be a wonderful father. You can do this. You can do this. Your baby is so lucky to have you two for parents. He or she is very lucky because he is wanted and loved already. Look how you are protecting her already by not telling the real world about him yet. I understand that. I did that too. You will let everyone know when the time is right. Your daddy instinct has already kicked in. That's great. You are going to be a terrific daddy.

• Thank you it's so sweet of you to say these things! GO THE CONFIDENCE BOOST!

• Thank you for the b.a.

And I meant every word.

Good luck.

What Girls Said 7

• Congrats! Women go through different emotions when pregnant. The hormones rage out of control! Perhaps she wants to pass the danger zone and get to the second trimester. Making sure nothing goes wrong.

• Good luck. Life from now on will be hell for you and your wife. Have any ideas on names?

• We've been talking about names on and off for years now! our tastes change haha, but honestly, we rarely agree. My wife likes names that 'sound nice', but I like names that 'mean something'.

• That's pretty much what I'm wanting to do. I suppose the problem is the way I see it, your name is kind of a link to your past, taking on a name of an ancestor might be bolstering their memory or revering them in some way. - But then, those names are old-fashioned :)

• Just pick a name that:

a) Sounds good.

b) Has a nice meaning.

c) Your kid will like.

• congratualations,hope all goes well :) hows life?

• Thank you! things are great between us and we're really happy. She's told her immediate family, I made her let me be the one to tell her little brother, he was one of my groomsmen, so I'm pretty close to him, and I really needed to tell one person!

So she went to the doctor and the doctor did a test yesterday, same kind of test as we can buy in the chemist and she said definately preg. Then took a bloodtest. Gotta wait for that to come back now!

• It's going to be really hard to keep it secret from all my friends, more than half of them are fathers themselves, and others want to be. I'm really keen to join the club, if that makes sense lol!

• haha,well anyways I'm glad your happy!

• My best friend and her hubby told me a couple months ago that they were preggers! They only wanted family (yay I counted!) to know first. She then broke the news the other day on Facebook! I'm so excited for them and to become 'honorary auntie!'

Congratulations to you and your wife! :)

• Congratulations :)

• Thanks! It's a really cool feeling! We've combined to make a new person! Far out!

• Congrats! =D

• Thank you! I can't get rid of the smile on my face a lot of the time, which isn't very helpful when I'm not supposed to tell anyone for another 2 months!

• First congratulations! How great is that? A little baby.

Are you excited?

• I'm really excited.. You know that feeling where you feel you're whole life has been leading up to this moment?! - Really anxious though like I have problems.. issues of my own I worry that I'm not going to be a good father..

• I'm sure you're going to be fine, just roll with the punches and do your best. :)

What Guys Said 7

• Congrats man, I'm excited that your excited that makes us all excited weeeeeeeee.

Here are some tips from a guy who just became a daddy also:

-read as many baby books as you can, I found some baby books written just for new dads in waiting, they are the best find the one from "Peter Little" called "The baby book for fathers" don't know if they have it in English, mine is in Dutch.

-talk with your wife if she wants to deliver at home or in the hospital

-write down your favorite boy/girl names down

-begin to choose your doctor

-never be late on your doctor appointments

-go to your baby birth classes, forget what you see in the movies, what they teach you in those classes is quite different

-don't stress out your wife, but try to be as helpful as you can, even if you get irritated, don't let her see or sense that. Got this tip from another dad. Stress is bad for the baby.

-keep her away from junk food, even if she craves it, because she will. Give her plenty of vegetables, this would be a good time to learn how to cook. Or get a Turbo Cooker like me hahaha.

well there's a ton more, but I think the books will explain the rest.

• Congratulations man, Did you predicted this or you just found out?

• Thanks mate! Well we've been trying for a couple of months and now when she missed her period by 1 day, it was like 'I think I might be pregnant' it's amazing how women know their bodies so well. So I drove down to the chemist and got a test.. took her aaagges to get something to pee out though lol.

Thanks for commenting I really want to talk to ppl!

• We would both like a boy, but not because we wanted one.. Because her older sister has already had a girl who is 2 1/2 now, so it would be nice for her to have a little 'cousin brother' thing. Her family is very close so it would be very like siblings. We're hoping anyway because her sister can't really have any more.

• ahh and aww, I hope for the best for you both and wish you the best of luck

• Congratulations, you will get your chance to talk all about it when your taking your baby to the park to play,and teaching that beautiful young mind all that you know ...

• Well done, happy days, hope you're happy ;]

• Thanks! We are really happy, the wife was a bit worried, I guess I am in a way too, worrying about whether we're going to struggle to support it and stuff.. But I think most people who have kids kind of worry about that sort of thing. Second guessing ourselves when it actually comes to the crunch.

• Congratulations buddy. Enjoy the sleep while you can!

• Thank you! You have one or some yourself? That's what everyone has said you just don't get more than a few hours sleep at a time for the first few years. I'm not a very good sleeper anyway, but I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing!

• Unfortunately not, I don't even have a girlfriend yet haha. But believe me, it's something you'll love to appreciate; by that I mean the sleep. Enjoy your lives together with your newborn baby.

• Congrats bro, just be sure whatever you name your child, make their middle name "Danger"

• That would be awesome! I don't think she'll let me. I might see if we can leave the middle name as just the initial 'D' without having a name.. It can mean whatever either of us want then! haha!

• You can jokingly suggest it and then see how she reacts. If she's like "I'LL NEVER NAME MY CHILD THAT RAWR!" you can be like "Ha ha ha.. I'm just kidding, I love you honey, "

but if she's like "THAT'S AN AWESOME IDEA" you can be like "I KNOW RIGHT! I love you honey!"

just remember the last part

• I asked her last night.. I got "the look" lol so we laughed it off.

• Congratulations... shame it's not your's

• Haha thanks anonymous! You going to own up now ;-)

I like jokes as much as the next person so you don't need to go anon for one