What can I do to look older?

ahh I hate it I'm 16 but I look like I'm 10 its so annoying so what can I do to look my age

*and please don't say maybe you sould get a side fringe because I used to have one any they make me look even younger

thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• my daughter this problem too. she looks younger than her age(and when you're a teenager who looks 12 it's annoying for a teenage girl I get it) I know they're in fashion right now but honestly the bangs do make you look younger than you are and I know what you said about your bangs already but bangs generally are for little girls or 30 something women who are trying to look young, especially those thick style blunt cut like you are rocking(dont get me wrong it LOOKS FANTASTIC on you but they do make you look young) my daughter recently got bangs and I told her not to and she just wouldn't listen and now she's like "mom I look 10 instead of 12" and all I could say was "sorry, told ya" lol

truth is if you look young there's nothing you can do about it, even wearing more grown up clothing won't help or wearing more make up cause it just looks like you're a kid playing dress up and even if you had an emo cut you'd still appear young because you look youthful. all you can do is act your age and look forward to when your youthful looks are not an annoyance but are appreciated. :) take care of your skin! spf on the face and hands and chest... every day!

What Guys Said 8

• lol I don't think these answerers know what they are talking about. You looking younger has nothing to do with "dna" or your skin, not at that age lol. You look younger because of your facial features and its normal to want to look older because you do look like your 12. Try different hairstyles like curly or tied up. Wear make up, dress more elegant and stylish

• Yeah you look 15 - 16. It won't be a bad thing later in life trust me :)

• lol sorry I meant to say you won't think it's a bad thing looking younger later in life

• Sigh, at 16 they whine about looking young; at 30 they whine about being old. There's no winning. Just take what you have, for God's sake. I don't get people's fixation on appearance. So superficial.

• You look 16 to me. I suggest a new haircut. As for what, I don't know. lol I'm no expert on girls haircuts.

• Are you joking? You don't look like your 10 at all.

• You could grow a mustache lol jk ;) maybe just try wearing makeup and dressing how older girls dress.

• Meth binge

• wow. you seem to be an exception.mostly I have heard of girls trying to look younger.so I would say maybe its good to look younger.coz girls would envy you later and you would like that later that you look younger.so don't try to look older I would suggest.

But since your question is about getting advice to look older I would tell you to have a walk daily morning ,go to jym because they develop more doing stuffs like those.

• lol how is that going to help me look older and its jusk annoying cause I don't want to look ten I want to look my age and all the young young guys like me and it pisses me off I'm like dude I'm like 5 years older than you p*ss off I'm not dating an11 year old lol and I just want to look my age so then people will treat me my age people treat me like a little kid because they forget I'm a teenager cause I look younger lol

• daily walk and going to jym relaxes the muscles and your body shape and you would look older because I have seen people having effect.i know it may sound funny but it has worked so there's no harm in trying it out.

• ok awesome thanks

What Girls Said 11

• You look young but you don't look 10. Tbh I think it's the bangs that are making you look younger. You're realyl pretty so you don't honestly have to change anything but if you want to look older. Get rid of the bangs. I don't even think you need bangs at all. Also, you can change your hair color.

link ---this is amazing. You slick your hair into a pony tail (pin your bangs back too) take a pic, upload and try on tons of hairstyles. It's not 100% accurate but it gives you a overall idea of how it will look.

I think a hair color that will make you look older is like a dark auburn or like a blond ..dirty blond or like (maybe) a strawberry blond.

• honestly you look about 16-17 to me.. you'll automatically look older once you get your braces off anyway. The eye makeup in your pic makes you look your age and I think your haircut looks great on you too. Maybe its a height thing, which you cannot help. Most of the time in person people say I look between 12-16 and I'm actually 20 now. its really not horrible. When I go out people say I look my age and I'm 5'2. So I think it really has something to do with what you wear combined with your height, that may be giving people the impression that you're younger. Just swith up your wardrobe a bit. You don't wanna look like some hag anyway so don't do more makeup like others are saying, you wear a perfect amount already :)

• Hey, don't knock it! Go thank your mother for plain old good DNA. You'll LOVE it when you're 40 and still look like you're 25 -- I know I do, lol. ;-)

• i had the same problems in high school. my 19th birthday is tomorrow and on a good day people say I look about 15. it's funny to me because when I was about 9 I would see older kids and think they looked so mature and grown up but now that I'm older I feel like my peers and I still look like kids. so that means when younger kids see young adults like me and you, we look mature. I suggest getting some thin highlights in your hair. going for more sophisticated makeup looks like the cat-eye eyeliner and thick eyelashes. wearing clothes that are more mature. I personally feel that shoes and cute clothes like slouch-tops and things from forever 21 say a lot more towards maturity than things like skinny jeans and graphic tees do. but at the same time, embrace it. don't try too hard to look older because it can send mixed messages and enjoy the young skin and body while you have it. my curves came out of no where and I was a stick at 16, so beware of the changes ahead even now.

• well there isn't much you can do about your face except wear more makeup and get rid of the braces-neither of those are a good thing to do so focus on your body. maybe you're just not developed? if you're flat,it's not an issue,try getting fit,like get your legs in really good shape.and if you're short,wear heels once in a while (but only once in a while) also dress your age or older.

• and I'm really short and I'm not flat I have then they are just small but they are in proportion with my body I just wish they were a bit bigger lol

• well you don't really need big boobs to look your age,look at cameron diaz,and agyness deyn-that's why I said get your legs in shape,it's easier and healthier than getting a boob job

• lol yeah thanks

• OMG hahaha , no do not want to look older. You are gorgeous, and ull be lucky in your 30ies...just as Miranda Kerr, she has a baby face and that is super condifent. BE PROUD!

• mabey you can start wearing a teenager clothes or just showing your style and putting a make up on and feeling good bout yourself I think its a gud thing :°)

• wear darker makeup and cut your hair short

• Change the way you dress to a more mature look. Shop at more mature/young women stores. Start wearing high heels, wear mature makeup. Ex. Lipstick instead of lip gloss.

• i reckon emphasize it and make it work for you! like my face, doesn't match my personality at all. when people look at me (before I open my mouth!) they think sweet innocent and shy. so I play on that and give it attitude xD. I wear pigtails and whinny-the-poo earrings but with a tartan jacket and knee high converse with a jagged, pleated miniskirt and a choker necklace xD. ha ha embrase the way you look and make it work for youuuuu!

• hey you look good and don`t worry about it I also look younger whenever I am with my friends (I am one of the oldest) people ask me if I am already as old as they are but to be honest I like it if you are about 40 and everone looks like 40 and you look younger you will be happy!