When a girl meets a guy, what do they look for?

looks? personality? muscles? height? what goes through you're heads.

AND

If you go up to talk to guys say like at a party or something, what makes you walk up to them to want to talk?

Most Helpful Girl

• Initially I look at a guy's height then hair then clothes then I look closely at his face then muscles then personality. The personality is last because its hard to tell how someone is just by looking at them and not talking to them or studying them for a couple of minutes while they interact with other people.

For me to approach a guy at a party he has to seem interesting. If he seems open and approachable as well as funny then I'd feel more okay walking up to him and talking to him without evening knowing him. Then of course there's always those attractive guys that when alcohol is mixed walking up to them is something that tends to happen.

What Girls Said 5

• How attractive he is to me,

how athletic he is ( I work out, so I value fitness,)

definitely has to be tall ( I'm tall so a 6fter is always nice :D)

Check out anything about him that may hint to his personality (tattoos, piercings, hair styles, style,)

I'd probably walk up to a guy if he's really interesting; maybe he's telling a joke I happen to hear, or I caught him doing some really cool dance or something. I'd say something about it, and if he seems pretty cool, probably keep conversing.

• Looks wise: I look for a guy with a strong jaw line, a well toned body, and taller than me (5'7'')I don't really have a preference about hair or eye color, but I really like dark hair and light eyes.

Personality: I hate bro types, so I really like guys that are comfortable and natural acting, but also aren't afraid to look dumb and laugh at themselves. A lot of guys that I know try to act "goofy" because they think girls like it, but it really just ends up being annoying. I really like athletic guys too. there is a sort of fire about guys that are competitive in sports. I also like a guy that can kick it with a beer on the couch, but is equally as comfortable going to a concert or clubbing, or even camping

• Don't read the answers. They'll just give you more things to be insecure about.

• personality, you need to be able to talk and to be easy ging

• HEIGHT is the first thing I look for, girls love tall guys! Also girls like confidence! That's what I look for first in a guy.

What Guys Said 4

• Confidence. I know it sounds like crap, but it is true. If you don't value yourself then why should anyone else?

Confidence can be shown in a number of ways.

Back straight, not slouched like you are trying to disappear in the crowd.

Looking people in the eye. Don't avoid eye contact or look away when they look at you.

Arms relaxed at your sides. Don't be fidgeting or wringing your hands.

• I get nervous and start drinking really fast :( then cos I'm light I'm drunk and sleezy and scare them off :(

• agree, confidence is the first thing I look at, you can see their personality and fun side. body language plays a big role too

• None of these guys...or girls... know what they are talking about...

It is all about how you go about yourself...if you look interesting..then they might approach you (regardless of looks..and if she is into looks..then she is shallow..and not worth your time and effort...)

However there are girls who just simply do not have the amount of confidence themselves to go up to a guy..so you may have to do it yourself..once you do it..give them a compliment..and walk away..if they think you are sincere..then they will go after you..but do not worry if you do not..you are just building your own confidence and your own repotoire..(sp?)..since we as men..have big egos...

YOU CAN NOT GET A GIRL THROUGH LIQUID CONFIDENCE. I can not stress that enough..all alcohol does is not only impair your judgments but it also constricts blood flow to your penis..which well..can cause problems...if you know what I mean...

Real courage comes from within..knowing that you are a catch for any girl..and being proud to be YOU..not someone else..

• Ahem. well I can answer that question for you. Air is what goes through their heads, I mean come on they're girls for pete's sake

• money and confidence.as"superuss"mentioned about confidence I agree with that.but also they look if the guy is rich or not.if he is rich he is sure to get approached and if he is not then comes the personality and looks thing.