Is makeup necessary? I find it necessary but not needed (if that makes sense)?

I see thousands of makeup questions on here..."should I wear eyeliner"..."does this lipstick look good"...I never bother to answer them because I do not know anything about how to do makeup (and nor do I care) but..it got me thinking to the REAL question of is makeup really all that necessary..and if so...who are you doing it for...

So my question is..does makeup really add to your outfits...and why do you wear it..I find that makeup is not really all that necessary but...that if you feel like you need it then I am not going to tell you to take it off...this of course means you are hearing MY opinion...as if you were to date ME..but I am just curious as to if you think it really is necessary and why you do it.../who do you do it for..

Disclaimer: Do not lie...I want the honest truth...

By the way..notice I never said...girls...anywhere in there...which means..guys will do it too...(cross-dressers...etc...)

Most Helpful Girl

• No one NEEDS makeup but for myself, it's fun, adds glamour and interest to your outfits and adds some pizzazz. I wonder why guys debate makeup so much. It should be a non factor to you. Unless the girl seriously looks like a clown I wonder why you would even care if she puts it on.

I do it for myself and to look better.

link link Actress Joy Bryant rarely ever wears makeup. This is fine if you're chillin, going to store or whatever, but to me it looks plain. She's a cute girl but I don't understand why someone would take the time to do their hair, put on a nice outfit but NOT wear makeup. Here she is again link link with some makeup on and I think she looks great. She looks more dressed up and "fancy". Not necessary if you're having a casual day but if you put on a cute outfit and do your hair, it looks better to have some makeup on.

What Girls Said 4

• I honestly don't think makeup is necessary. I rarely wear makeup myself cause A. I hate putting it on and B. I just don't need it. If anything, I usually put on a little blush, lip-gloss and sometimes mascara and cover-up when going out but that's it. I don't understand the whole eye-liner and stuff like that for the eyes, to me that's like a mask, its covering up who that person is, and how people can see that person. So again, make-up is not necessary in my opinion.

• i don't think it's necessary,i can go out without makeup and so can most of my friends without feeling any shame,but I like wearing makeup-it's like painting,it's fun for me,and I get to change the way I look which changes the way I feel.it's an expression of personality.

• I hate make up. I just put it on occasion. Besides, I find myself prettier without it.

• I don't wear make up. So, it isn't necessary.

What Guys Said 1

• i've asked a few girls before, they said not to impress the guys but too impress the other girls