"There is nothing as beautiful as a pregnant woman" is this REALLY true?

i have heard this line many many times. I can understand if the pregnant woman being spoken about is the person who is saying its wife/girlfriend but a complete stranger I don't understand. My boyfriend actually said this about his friends pregnant wives and I feel really sad, I am 24 years old, try to be a good person, and try to be as visually pleasing for my boyfriend as possible. I had a hysterectomy last year do to medical reasons that I do not wish to discuss. So, hearing the man I love say that hurts my heart so much that it gave me a lump in my throat and make me feel empty. I feel like no matter what I do, no matter how pretty I am, that I will never be the most beautiful thing in his eyes. It really sucks. Am I overreacting? I can't stop thinking about what he said...I pretty much feel like less of a woman now. I know I am very good looking but none of that matters anymore. What do you all think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Its the beauty of a life being created(and personaly I find it a vile process,the birthing and all but whateve) I doubt it has anything to do physically with the woman beyond what her body is capable of doing.

But I think your taking it a little to much to heart you might want to have a one on one with your boyfriend and explain how you feel about this because it seems to be bringing you a lot of negative stress about something you no longer can controll.

I have no idea if you two have been dating long or if he even knows you had a hysterectomy I will assume he does know all this and if he doesn't its probably time you tell him and your feelings about it as well.

There is always adoption wich I always think is more a beatifull act than making a baby oneself. There are a lot of children out there who need love.

You really need to talk to your Boyfriend befor to much longer because its just going to eat at you untill you hear what e has to say about it.

What Guys Said 1

• Overreaction

• do you think if a man says this he means it?

• Depends if that's his weird fetish but, I wouldn't take it seriously.

What Girls Said 6

• I can understand you being upset, what he said was incredibly thoughtless and insensitive BUT it's not a slight or comparison to you I'm sure. He was probably referring to pregnant women's glow.

Please don't take it to heart, I'm sure the comment meant nothing and has nothing to do with you. He's with YOU so he loved YOU.

My other advice is to talk to him and tell him how the comment made you feel, he needs to know youve been hurt because bottling it up causes damage to your emotions and your relationship.

• Yes pregnant women can be very beautiful. You should probably talk to your boyfriend about how you feel. Maybe him saying that is his way of saying that being able to get pregnant is more important to him in a long term partner than he thought. If he feels like your lack of the ability to get pregnant puts you out of the running as a potential long term partner, he needs to let you know now. Also some people just have a pregnant fetish.

• I think it's not the pregnant woman that's the beautiful part.

It's the child. So young and innocent.

Maybe he wasn't talking about how beautiful the woman is,

maybe It's the child she is carrying, it's a new life. And she is

bringing life into this world. She is doing a beautiful thing :)

• omg, how devastating.

• you have that natural glow

• im infertile, I have no glow. I'm disgusting and will never look as radiant and beautiful as a pregnant woman

• Im more beautiful than a pregnant woman so no, it isn't true. lol jk. I don't think its true, I think babies and toddlers are more beautiful.