How can I hide rosey cheeks?

i have rosey cheeks, not on the apple of my cheeks but down lower toward the bottom of my cheeks. they get pink so easily. I get hot flashes due to high blood pressure and they get flushed, they get pink when I'm embarrassed, move around a lot, cry, get excited, etc. they aren't SUPER red but rosey and annoying. I have tried alllll kinds of makeup to cover them up I have tried matte foundation, hd foundation, bought cheap makeup and the most expensive, put concealer on them before foundation, tried everything! but they still look pink and kinda blotchy (very mildly). what is a good way I can hide them for good? my ex use to kid around w me and call me santa clause =( LOL

Most Helpful Girl

• i have the exact same issue as you and I've never known of anyone else to suffer with this problem... Mine are red all the time even when I'm at rest...

Ive never found anything that covers them completely but I have found some products over the years that have helped...

Try use an moisturiser that has a high spf the one I use is clinque city block it think its spf 40...

I use mac studio finish spf 35 concealer just dab on the redness (studio finish is very opaque..its used to cover tatoos scars and blemishes etc) Then I use a combination of a drugstore foundation by gosh and mac studio scult foundation... and then a good setting powder... sounds like an awful lot but it works and I try to be light handed so it doesn't look so thick...

other things that have not worked for me but that are designed to stop redness so hide it at least include green concealers(ive tried numerous but what tends to happen is my sikn looks purple and bruised with the green under the foundation), your bluffing by benifit is a yellow concealing powder or stick, not worth the money... it works but its gone in a couple of weeks so isn't worth the money.. and also the redness skincare range from clinque wasn't worth it did nothing appart from leave me broke!

Hope it helps

• i will def check out studio finish, omg that product sounds friggin amazing! does it really work on tats? I need to cover mine up for a job interview haha. and omg yes clinique will def leave you broke, I haven't used it in so long but I heard its good for sensitive skin. I went to sephora and they recommended smashbox hd and its so watery and they SAID it is matte finish, but it doesn't cover up for poop

• well the clinque redness skincare did sweet fa left my skin drier if anything... Ye I tried the makeup forever hd and like that was too thin to be a cover up. Studio finish is awesome I use it with a brush like the sigma small duo fibre F55 or the mac 217 or I use it with my beauty blender. which is a great product for using to put on foundation it stipples it on layers it over your skin its amazing. but ye studio finish is designed to be buildable so that it offers full coverage even on tatts

What Guys Said 4

• Well I don't know make up tricks, but here's what I have to say about it.

I think it sounds fantastic!

Seriously, I don't believe it's an opportunity to poke fun and if people do, they are childish.

If I was dating you I would be completely bummed if you covered this up. It should be celebrated if anything.

I think it adds to your character, I think it makes you real, and I bet it's completely sexy in the right context.

So in the words of Tyrone Wells, "BABY, DON'T YOU CHANGE!"

• Rosey cheeks are cute on a girl. Why would you want to hide them?

• Wear a scarf

• I don't think you need to hide anything, your sexy. :)

What Girls Said 6

• I use a corrective primer- its usually a green color I think (it blends into your foundation to neutralize redness and you won't see it when its on). It tends to help, then I apply the blush where it needs to go. I like physicians formula, but, its worth going to Clinique or somewhere to have it matched.

• I get the same thing. My skin is really reactive and the slightest deviation from normal will cause me to get pink and blotchy. I have never had any luck covering it up. I have had a LOT of luck with this new cream/gel I have been using. Its called calm after the storm. I know the name implies to use it after your red but I have been using it before the gym and have really loved the results (no more lobster face after the treadmill!). link

It looks like they have another one called beat the rush for redness but I haven't used that one.

• I would contact a dermatologist. They would be able to prescribe a mineral cream or wash to help reduce redness if it's a skin condition like rosacea.

• i "had" the same issue until I went to the mac counter and got a make over. if you look at my pic you can see how well the make up covers my rosy cheeks - I use studio fix fluid - I have very pale skin too so its hard to get a right match - but I swear by god its worth paying the money for it. get a foundation , concealer , pre and primer and some pressed powered.i just had my prom night and my make up remained in tact besides all the sweaty dancing , my best advice is go to mac and they have trained make up artist who know what they are doing - just look at my pic LOL best of luck from a fello rosy girl !

• lucky! I got a makeover by mac and the foundation they matched me with was way orange and like 3 shades darker haha, my cheeks still showed a little, and the application was bad =(. I had a few makeovers by them and had the same prob...i think mac makeup artists are out to get me! jk =) I use to use studio fix and looooved it! but, it made me break out big time.

• awh damn! so sorry I understand the feeling ! its like you are embarrassed by it , it runs the effect of smoky black eyes , red lips - everything! benefit had a corrector yellow but was cancelled! emmm let me think no 7 had a yoke too but that wasn't great. I'm sorry my answer didn't help you - best of luck with it though ! :)

• I think guys find it cute when girls blush (mine are ALWAYS red haha) but I'd go to a cosmetic store like Ulta and ask one of the workers what they have to hide it if you still want to.

• If you use a green foundation primer and a more yellow based foundation it should counteract the pinkish hue to your skin :)

• thanks! where are good places I can get a green foundation?

• the actual foundation isn't green it's just a primer and smashbox stuff is really good, plus it makes your skin feel amazing!